From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Somek (Japanese: バトラス Battlus) is the final Trainer of Mt. Battle in Pokémon Colosseum. He is known as the Mt. Battle Master. Located at the lofty heights on the top of the volcanic mountain on a huge gray platform, there is a long distance between Zone 100 and the zone before it, Zone 99. This is shown as there is a fade to black after the player ascends from Zone 99.
He is a huge, muscular Bodybuilder with one of the strongest teams in Story Mode. Upon being defeated by Wes he gives him 1200 Poké Coupons but tells him not to be content with his current level of training and always strive to be better.
On his platform is also a chest with a Time Flute.
In battle, he favors Earthquake as well as using Pokémon of the Flying-type and those with the Levitate Ability. He also makes heavy use of the move Hyper Beam.
- "Welcome! So good of you to come! I'm Somek, the final trainer of Mt. Battle! Now show me the results of your training. Don't hold anything back!"
- "This is fantastic! I say fantastic! You had to defeat me! Now, I'd like you to have this!"
- "And for your Pokémon that battled so fantastically, I have some commemorative ribbons."
- "Congratulations! But don't be content with this! Don't neglect your training!"
- Somek's Japanese name, Battlus, is the same name as the Mt. Battle Master in Pokémon XD in both Japanese and English. Battlus in XD also strongly resembles Somek, having only added a mustache, so it is highly likely they are the same person. Both men also use highly similar strategies, particularly combinations based around Earthquake.