| This article is about shipping.|
As hints and evidence for ships are mostly speculation, this page may contain personal points of view.
Ash and Lyra first met in the episode "[[DP143|An Egg Scramble!", in which [[Lyra's Marill|Lyra's Marill] was found stuck between two buildings by Ash and his friends. At the end of the episode, Lyra and her friend Khoury decided to join Ash's group as the former wanted to watch the upcoming Lilypad Contest that Dawn would be participating in. In the next episode, she commented on Ash's bravery and expresses her wish that Khoury acted similarly, implying that she has an interest in Ash. She even went as far as to ask Dawn if Ash was her boyfriend, then attempted to pair her with Khoury in "A Rivalry to Gible On!" This could show that Lyra tried to make sure that Ash was 'available'.
- Lyra admires Ash's courage and tells Khoury that he should be more like him.
- While waiting to be rescued, Lyra wonders who she would most like to marry out of Ash, Khoury, and Brock. Lyra believes that Ash is the best candidate and then asks Dawn if she and Ash are a couple. This event can be interpreted two ways. Either she supports Ash and Dawn as a couple or she has a romantic interest in Ash and wonders if he has a girlfriend or not.
- Lyra attempts to pair Dawn and Khoury together as a couple. Ash decides to go with Lyra to search for the Gible instead of going with Dawn.
- Both own or have owned a Chikorita.
- Both have obtained two of the same badges from the Johto region: the Zephyr Badge Badge and the Hive Badge Badge.
|This shipping-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of Project Shipping, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each couple in Pokémon.|