From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about shipping.|
As hints and evidence for ships are mostly speculation, this page may contain personal points of view.
DaddyShipping (Japanese: サトユキ SatoYuki or ユキサト YukiSato) is the belief that Ash and Sammy Oak belong in a romantic relationship, generally with the latter (but not always) being 10 years old—as in the movie Pokémon 4Ever—and not the 50-something professor from the present.
The name "DaddyShipping" is named for the rumor that Professor Oak is Ash's father and also due to the influence of ElderShipping.
- Ash and Sammy become fast friends when they meet and become close quickly.
- They spend an evening together in a tree and slept there.
- Ash is very sad when Sammy returns to his own time as he knows he will never see him again (not knowing that Sammy is the present-day Professor Oak).
- Professor Oak tells Ash that he is sure that, "[he] and Sammy will remain friends for a long time."
- Both worked hard to take care of Celebi.