From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Shōko Nakagawa (Japanese: 中川翔子 Nakagawa Shōko, born May 5, 1985 in Tokyo) is a Japanese seiyū for the Pokémon anime. She was also one of the hosts of Pokémon Sunday and currently hosting Pokémon Smash.
All of her anime roles have only been in movies. She is also known under the nickname, Shokotan and is famous for her extensive use of 2ch-driven language, which is known by her fans as Shokotanese (Japanese: しょこたん語 Shokotan-go).
Roles on Pokémon
Musical appearances in Pokémon
Other non-Pokémon roles
- As part of a campaign for Pokémon Sunday, Shokotan's Tropius was available for download from various Pokémon Centers in Japan from February 2 to 12, 2007.
- The "Pikachu-colored" Pichu available to those who pre-order a movie ticket for Arceus and the Jewel of Life has Shokotan as its OT.
- Also the Keldeo that was available to those who pre-order a movie ticket for M15 has Shokotan as its OT.
- In a blog entry posted on May 31, 2010, Shokotan spoke of Peg's love of Electric types and mentioned that, because of this, she wanted to capture a Zekrom. Zekrom was not officially confirmed to be part-Electric type until two weeks later.
- She is similar to Becky: both were Pokémon Sunday hosts and occasionally voiced characters on the movies.