From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Needs the appearance in Generation V and effect in PBR.
Secret Power (Japanese: ひみつのちから Secret Power) is a damage-dealing Template:Type2 move introduced in Generation III.
Secret Power inflicts damage and has a 30% chance of causing a secondary effect on the target. The effect is determined by the environment. The attack's appearance also changes to another move's animation. The animation is determined by the environment also.
Out of battle
Secret Power allows the user to create their own secret base. When used on certain trees, a vine drops down. When used on indented walls, a cave opens. When used on certain bushes, an entrance opens.
Secret Power inflicts damage and has a 30% chance of causing a secondary effect on the target. The effect is determined by the environment. The attack's appearance also changes to another move's animation. It no longer has the out-of-battle effect of creating a secret base, as these are now located in the Underground.
Secret Power inflicts damage and has a 30% chance of causing a secondary effect. The effect is determined by environment.
All Pokémon that can learn TMs in Generation III can learn Secret Power.
All Pokémon that can learn TMs in Generation IV can learn Secret Power.
In the anime
In the manga
Phantom Thief Pokémon 7
| The user gives a different status infliction to the opponent that depends on the location.
|| First Chapter Used In
|| Gardevoir's body glows brightly and the opponent is stricken with a status infliction.
| Rocco's Gardevoir
|| Stolen Memories
In other generations
- Up until Generation V, this was the only move that can cause sleep in which the probability of sleep is less than 100% if the move is successful. In Generation V, Relic Song shares this capability.
- As of Generation V, only one Pokémon, Audino, can learn this move through leveling up.
- This is the only move that can have a chance of freezing higher than 10%.
- Despite what its various animations may imply, Secret Power will always be Normal-type.
- Secret Power is one of the two non-Ice-type move that can freeze the target. Also, both of these moves are Normal-type.
In other languages
- Chinese: 神秘力量 Shénmì Lìliàng
- Dutch: Geheime Kracht
- French: Force Cachée
- German: Geheimpower
- Greek: Μυστική Δύναμη
- Hindi: Chupi Hui Shakti
- Italian: Forzasegreta
- Korean: 비밀의힘 Bimil-yi Him
- Spanish: Daño Secreto
- Serbian: Tajna Moć