From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
In the original Super Smash Bros., Saffron City (ヤマブキシティ Yamabuki City) appears as a playable stage. The battle takes place on the roof of Silph Co. and a few smaller surrounding buildings, along with two small moving platforms. Some Pokémon occasionally emerge from the elevator on the right side of the building during battle. This is the home stage of Pikachu and Jigglypuff in the game.
In the background, along with the Saffron City skyline, signs reading "Gotta catch 'em all!" and "Route 5" can be seen. A mountain range in the background may be the same one that contains Mt. Moon, Victory Road, Cerulean Cave, and Mt. Silver. There is also a minor building with some blurry text that seems to start with "F", so it could possibly be the Fighting Dojo.
Certain Pokémon will emerge from the elevator on the Silph Co. building and attack briefly, similar to Pokémon summoned from Poké Balls. Occasionally, Pidgey, Fearow, Butterfree, and Moltres will appear in the background.
The following Pokémon appear on the Silph Co. building. Some of them can be knocked out, while others are invincible.
- Venusaur is invincible and cannot be KO'd by any means. It deals 20% on contact initially and 8% thereafter. It may also attack with Razor Leaf, each leaf dealing 3% damage and stunning a character if it hits.
- Charmander can be KO'd by stronger attacks, including Pikachu's Thunder. Charmander deals 5% contact damage each time and may also shoot flames at anyone in its range, dealing 2% per hit.
- Electrode is impervious and cannot be KO'd, but does not deal contact damage. After a short time, it explodes and deals 30% damage, likely KOing those with higher damage.
- Chansey is easier to KO than Charmander. Unlike other Pokémon, Chansey heals the first character who touches it by 5%. Chansey may also send out an egg, which may contain an item or a bomb. Eggs will not appear if items are turned off or the stage is being played in Training Mode.
- Porygon is invincible and cannot be KO'd by any means. It deals 18% contact damage each time.