|This article is about a special episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.|
(Japanese: ミュウツー‐覚醒への序章‐ Mewtwo: The Prologue to its Awakening) is a special episode of the Pokémon anime, serving as a prologue to Genesect and the Legend Awakened. It first aired in Japan on July 11, 2013.
Other posters and logos
After finishing a mission with his Pokémon Rescue Squad, Virgil is forced to make an emergency landing in the mountains on the way back to his base. He encounters an old man named Oscar and a girl named Anna, who tell him that they were rescued recently by a strange Pokémon they had never seen before - which is revealed to be Mewtwo.
They are then approached by a mysterious man named Danku, who also claims to have been rescued recently by Mewtwo, but he further reveals that Mewtwo was terribly injured. With Anna, Oscar and Danku in tow, and aided by his team of Eeveelutions and the wild Pokémon of the area, Virgil sets out to find Mewtwo, who is said to distrust humans.
However, they are followed by mysterious cameras, and Danku secretly harbors ambitions of his own... With its past revealed, the heroic battle of the Awakened Mewtwo begins!
TV episode debuts
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Axew (Iris's)
- Eevee (Virgil's)
- Vaporeon (Virgil's)
- Espeon (Virgil's)
- Umbreon (Virgil's)
- Leafeon (Virgil's)
- Glaceon (Virgil's)
- Mewtwo (M16; normal and Mega Mewtwo Y)
- Stoutland (Oscar's)
- Escavalier (Danku's; two; released)
- Tyranitar (Danku's; released)
- Sawsbuck (Summer Form)
- Deerling (multiple; Summer Form)
|Ash||Sarah Natochenny||Satoshi||Rica Matsumoto||サトシ||松本梨香|
|Pikachu||Ikue Ohtani||Pikachu||Ikue Ohtani||ピカチュウ||大谷育江|
|Cilan||Jason Griffith||Dent||Mamoru Miyano||デント||宮野真守|
|Iris||Eileen Stevens||Iris||Aoi Yūki||アイリス||悠木碧|
|Axew||Kayzie Rogers||Kibago||Minami Tsuda||キバゴ||津田美波|
|Professor Oak||Carter Cathcart||Dr. Okido||Unshō Ishizuka||オーキド博士||石塚運昇|
|Virgil||Tom Wayland||Virgil||Yūki Kaji||バージル||梶裕貴|
|Eevee||Chinami Nishimura||Eievui||Chinami Nishimura||イーブイ||西村ちなみ|
|Anna||Anna||Emiri Katou||アン ナ||加藤英美里|
|Special appearances by|
- This is the first side story episode in which Ash has appeared in person.
- This side story leads directly into Genesect and the Legend Awakened, with the final scene showing Professor Oak suggesting to Ash and his friends that they visit New Tork City.
- This is the first time in the anime when the move Twineedle is used by Pokémon other than Beedrill.
- There is no To Be Continued screen at the end of the episode.
- This side story kept the same animation of Hyper Beam as prior to Best Wishes series.
- This is the first time a Mega Pokémon has appeared in the anime.
- Music from Zoroark: Master of Illusions, White—Victini and Zekrom, Black—Victini and Reshiram and Genesect and the Legend Awakened is used in this episode.
- This marks the first time music from a movie is used in the series prior to the movie's release.
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|