From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Rollout (Japanese: ころがる Roll) is a damage-dealing Template:Type2 move introduced in Generation II. In Generation IV and beyond, a Lickitung that levels up while knowing this move will be able to evolve into a Lickilicky.
Rollout inflicts damage over five turns, doubling in power for each consecutive hit. The power will reset after five turns or if Rollout is interrupted. The power of Rollout is also doubled if Defense Curl has been used previously by the Pokémon and the user has remained in battle since then.
Red and Blue Rescue Teams
Rollout attacks 5 times in a single turn, with damage increasing by 50% of the first hit for each successive hit. The move ends once all 5 attacks are done or if the move misses, whichever occurs first.
Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky
Rollout works the same way, except that the damage is increased by 10% per successive hit.
- Jigglypuff uses Rollout as its B attack in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl. The longer the B button is held down before being released, the more powerful and harder to control this move will be.
In the anime
In the manga
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure
In other generations
- Rollout was one of the first Generation II moves introduced and named. It was shown along with the third Generation II Pokémon introduced, Donphan, when Raymond used it in the first movie.
- Lickitung, which evolves into Lickilicky when leveled up knowing this move, has been able to learn it in some way since the move's introduction. This trait is shared with AncientPower, which has had a similar history with Piloswine.
- Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, using Rollout, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba that has been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 213,896,052 damage with a critical hit.
- If a Pokémon levels up mid-battle and a new move is learned in place of Rollout while it is still being used, the Pokémon will continue using Rollout in spite of having forgotten it.
- A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokémon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit.
- The base power of Rollout is 480 on the fifth turn, the highest base power of any move as of Generation V. In earlier generations, the power of Explosion was effectively 500, though Generation V changed it by no longer halving Defense.
- When used with Defense Curl, however, Rollout's base power is 960.
- It shares this with Ice Ball, its Ice-type counterpart.
In other languages