From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Rica Matsumoto (Japanese: 松本梨香, born November 30, 1968) is a voice actress who provides the voices of a handful of characters in the Japanese version of the Pokémon anime. Her most famous role is that of Satoshi (Ash).
Rica Matsumoto was born on November 30, 1968, in Yokohama, Japan. After becoming interested in theater, she discovered voice acting and singing.
Her former stage name was Matsumoto Rika (Japanese: 松本利香).
In addition to being a solo artist, Matsumoto is a member of two singing groups:
- JAM (Japanese Animationsong Makers) Project, with Hironobu Kageyema, Masaki Endoh, Hiroshi Kitadani, Masami Okui, and Yoshiki Fukuyama
- Tricycle, with Yoshiyuki Ishikawa and Keīchi Kodo
Also, Matsumoto hosts or has hosted three radio shows:
- 君のハートをGETだぜ Kimi no Heart o GET da ze, Catch Your Heart
- 彼奴の噂 Aitsu no Uwasa, That Guy's Rumor
- Saturday HOT Request
Ash is the most famous character Rica Matsumoto has portrayed. In other anime, she is often cast as young boys.
Voices on Pokémon
Famous non-Pokémon roles
- 花の園 Hana no En, Flower Garden
- Rough Love
- RICA the BEST
- JAM Project LIVE 震撼～Return to the Chaos～
- JAM Project BEST COLLECTION II ～FREEDOM
Musical appearances in Pokémon