Difference between revisions of "Rain"
|Line 165:||Line 165:|
Revision as of 14:16, 10 November 2013
It will last for five turns if created using Rain Dance (eight is the user is holding a Damp Rock) or Drizzle (Generation VI only). If encountered in the overworld or created using Drizzle (prior to Generation VI), it will last until replaced.
- When activated
- "A downpour started!"*
- "It started to rain!"*
- After turn is complete*
- "Rain continues to fall."
- After five (eight if Damp Rock is held) turns have passed
- "The rain stopped."
On the field
|HGSS||Johto||Lake of Rage||Every day except Wednesday|
|E||Hoenn||Route 105||When Marine Cave is there|
|RSE||Hoenn||Route 119||Some days|
|RSE||Hoenn||Route 123||Some days|
|E||Hoenn||Route 125||When Marine Cave is there|
|E||Hoenn||Route 127||When Marine Cave is there|
|E||Hoenn||Route 129||When Marine Cave is there|
|SE||Hoenn||Eastern water routes||After Kyogre is awakened but before battling it|
|DPPt||Sinnoh||Route 214||Always (south leg only)|
|BW||Unova||Any route||Wherever TornadusB or ThundurusW appears|
- Increases the power of Water-type moves by 50%.
- Allows Thunder and Hurricane to bypass accuracy check.
- Activates the following Abilities: Dry Skin, Forecast, Hydration, Rain Dish, Swift Swim.
- Changes Weather Ball to a Water-type move and doubles its power, and Castform to its Rainy form.
- Prevents Pokémon from exploding in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
- Decreases the power of Fire-type moves by 50%.
- Causes SolarBeam to only deal half of its normal damage.
- Causes Moonlight, Synthesis, and Morning Sun to recover ¼ of max HP since Generation III, or half the normal amount in Generation II.
Outside of battle
Rain falls. Found in all places where rain is found on the field.
Rains falls heavily, at a lower angle than than normal rain. It is found occasionally on Route 212.
Rain falls heavily, much like heavy rain does, and occasionally lightning will strike and thunder will rumble. It is found on Route 119 as part of the four-day rain-thunderstorm-rain-clear cycle. It can be found on Route 212 on occasion. It happens on predetermined days, such as the anniversaries of the game's release in each country. It also appeared on St. Patrick's Day; February 29, 2008; and Christmas Day (December 25).
In the anime
Like in the real world, rain is quite common, appearing in many episodes. Most of these occasions are not caused by Rain Dance or Drizzle. The first appearance of rain in the anime was in the first episode, Pokémon - I Choose You!. The first time it has appeared caused by a Pokémon was in A Shadow of a Drought.
In the manga
In other generations
|Generation II||Generation III||Generation IV||Generation V|
In the overworld
|File:Rainy Field.png||File:Sinnoh Route 214 rain.png||File:Virbank City rain.png|
|Generation III||Generation IV||Generation V|
| Harsh sunlight • Rain • Sandstorm • Hail • Shadowy aura • Fog|
Extremely harsh sunlight • Heavy rain • Mysterious air current