From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Raieggs is a Pokémon TCG deck archetype based around the EX Holon Phantoms cards Exeggutor δ and Raichu δ. It has been widely used in Pokémon Organized Play due to its ability to spread damage around quickly with Exeggutor δ's "Split Bomb" attack and shut down other decks by dealing good damage to any Pokémon with a Poké-Power.
- Exeggutor δ is placed in the deck for its ability to cause an opponent's entire bench to become heavily damaged and force them to send a damaged Pokémon into play when their Active Pokémon is knocked out. Its other attack, "Delta Circle," is commonly used to finish the job, dealing 10 damage plus an additional 10 for each Pokémon in play with δ on its card.
- Raichu δ is a versatile Pokémon. Its purpose in the deck is really to make opponents think twice about sending Pokémon with Poké-Powers onto the field, but it can also be used late in the game because its huge "Metallic Thunder" attack can hit for a massive 90 damage, at the cost of two discarded energies.
- Holon's Castform is the deck's perfect starter, because with its "Delta Draw" attack, the player will gain huge card advantage early, which is crucial to victory.
- The last key part of the deck is the Holon Engine, which also allows a player to quickly burn through their deck, getting Exeggutor δ and Raichu δ onto the field quickly.
The deck list appearing below is not official; it is meant to represent an average build of the archetype, not specifically constructed for any regional metagame. Being that this is merely an archetype, a player may wish to change any part of this deck when building his or her own version.
As of the 2009-2010 POP season, Raieggs is completely rotated out of the DP-on format, and is therefore impossible to play in it; however, Raieggs is still a viable option for casual RS-on events.
- TCGPlayer The article from Pooka who played this deck at USA National Championship 2006.