From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the woman who gives the player their starter Pokémon in Unova. For this character's father, see Cedric Juniper.
Professor Aurea Juniper (Japanese: アララギ博士 Dr. Araragi) is the resident Pokémon Professor of Nuvema Town in the Unova region. She specializes in the origins of Pokémon, and is the first main series Pokémon professor who is female.
In the games
Professor Juniper debuted in Pokémon Black and White, where, like the other professors, she will give the player a Pokédex in her lab; however, she leaves a present containing the starter Pokémon at the player's house for the player, Bianca, and Cheren.
She also demonstrates to the player how to capture their first Pokémon, a level 2 Patrat, with her level 7 Minccino.
Over the course of the game, if the player visits her in her lab, Professor Juniper will hand out a total of three TMs depending on the number of Unova Pokédex Pokémon the player has seen. They are TM54 (False Swipe) (at 25 seen), TM17 (Protect) (at 60 seen), and TM10 (Hidden Power) (at 115 seen).
Gives to new Trainers
These Pokémon are shipped to the player's house at the beginning of Black and White. After the player makes their selection, Bianca picks the Pokémon that is at a type disadvantage towards theirs while Cheren takes the remaining companion.
| Held item:
| Snivy♂/♀ Lv.5
| Held item:
| Tepig♂/♀ Lv.5
Caught in tutorial
| Held item:
| Patrat♂/♀ Lv.2
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
At Nuvema Town
- "Hi there! I've been waiting for you young people! Let me introduce myself again. My name is..."
- "Come, come, Cheren! This is not a time to take things lightly. Today is a day to remember always, so it's best to behave with some formality. That being so, once again, my name is Professor Juniper, and I am researching when and how the creatures called Pokémon came into existence. Oh, that's unusual! You've already had a Pokémon battle! So maybe that's why... It feels as though your Pokémon have already begun to trust you! By the way, would you like to give your Pokémon a nickname?"
- Yes: "Uh-huh, I see. Are you OK with the nickname <nickname>?"
- Yes: "<nickname> is its name. That is such a great name!"
- No: "You aren't planning to use a nickname? Well, that's fine, too."
- "As for why I gave all of you Pokémon..."
- "I am astonished. Nice work, Cheren! You have already studied Pokémon extensively, haven't you? Still, let me explain everything from the beginning, for everyone's sake. The Pokédex is a high-tech device that automatically records the Pokémon you encounter! So, I want you three to visit many places and meet all of the Pokémon in the Unova region! This is my request. <player>! Cheren! Bianca! You'll go on an adventure to complete the Pokédex, will you not?"
- No: "Here is what I need from you! What I want to hear are the courageous words of people who will blaze new paths around the world! I want you three to travel to many distant places and meet all of the Pokémon in the Unova region!"
- "All of you, thanks! You have given me the best possible answer!"
- "Next, I need to teach you how to meet Pokémon. Please meet me at Route 1, OK?"
At Route 1
- "Now that everyone's here, I'll explain. The Pokédex's pages update automatically whenever you meet a Pokémon! Moreover, it's set up so that you obtain even more information when you catch a Pokémon! To make this clear, I'm going to demonstrate how to catch a Pokémon!"
- "Did you see that, just now? Here's how it goes, step by step. First, reduce the Pokémon's HP! Pokémon that still have all of their energy are difficult to catch. If you can, use your Pokémon's moves to make the Pokémon you want to catch fall asleep. Or paralyze it! And to wrap this up in the best way, I have a gift for you- some Poké Balls!"
- "Poké Balls are used for catching Pokémon and for carrying the Pokémon you catch! I'm going on ahead. I'll be waiting for you in Accumula Town!"
- "Hello! How is everybody doing? You and your Pokémon are getting along great now, right?"
- "Right now, I'm in front of Accumula Town's Pokémon Center! I'd like to show you around, so hurry on over, everyone!"
- "OK! See you!"
At Accumula Town
- "Ah, <player>! There you are! Traveling with your Pokémon is truly one of the joys of being a Trainer! Please follow me. I'd like to show you the most important place for a Trainer to know!"
- "This is a Pokémon Center! Don't you feel better as soon as you step through the door? OK, let's start your tour!"
- "A Pokémon Center is a truly incredible place! Do you know why? Because your Pokémon can be healed! And, what's more, it's absolutely free! A Pokémon Center is a Trainer's best friend! Here, <player>, give it a try."
- "You should be talking to the lady at the counter, not to me..."
- "Hey, <player>. Where are you off to? Humor me and talk to the lady at the counter. Let her take your Pokémon."
- "OK. Now that your Pokémon have rested, I'll show you how to use the PC at a Pokémon Center. This is the PC. It's free for any Trainer to use. You can store Pokémon in your PC Boxes or select Pokémon stored in your PC Boxes to take along with you. In addition, if you catch a new Pokémon while you have six Pokémon traveling with you, the Pokémon you just caught is sent automatically to the PC network! Surprising, isn't it? Amazing, even. Here's something else that's cool. If you select my PC, I'll evaluate the progress you've made on your Pokédex!"
- "Very good, Bianca. That's a great observation! Good question, and I'd like to say more, but for now, just ignore that and go ahead and use the PC. "Someone" is the person who made the Pokémon Storage System. ...Someone I'm sure you'll meet someday! OK, let's move on!"
- "Now, this is the Poké Mart. This is the place to buy useful items and sell the ones you don't need anymore! That gentleman over there will help you with a smile! So, let's wrap this up. I've given you the basics of being a Trainer! I'm going to head back to Nuvema Town. One final thing... When you get to Striaton City, go and meet an inventor named Fennel. She's a friend of mine from long ago, and I'm sure she'll help you on your way! Best of luck! I hope that your journeys prove to be the adventure of a lifetime!"
At Liberty Garden
- "Thanks to you, <player>, this group that was up to no good has been captured. Victini is a mythical Pokémon that is said to radiate energy from its body. When Pokémon or people come into contact with that energy, it fills up their bodies, and they exhibit more power than usual. That's why there was no end to the people who wanted to use Victini for their own evil ends. I'm sure that the rich person who built this underground room for Victini was sincerely trying to help it. But I think shutting the poor thing up in this room was a mistake. Thanks to you, Victini has a new destiny that does not involve being used in Team Plasma's schemes. Making sure no one misuses Victini's powers is now your duty! Also… In the Unova Pokédex, Victini was assigned a special number: zero. I've heard this special number was assigned in the hope that Victini's power to bring victory would be shared with the Trainer who travels with this Pokédex."
- "Thank you! I'll be right there! I can't believe it when people are led astray by Pokémon's astounding abilities and try to misuse them... But it's only when we face Pokémon with a good heart that we can make a brighter future!"
At Route 4 (on Xtransceiver)
- "Hello there! <player>, do you have a second?"
- "I called Bianca too, but I guess she didn't hear the call. I wonder what she's caught up in. Well, I suppose I'll just have to call her again later. OK! I'll be waiting for you two in front of the gate to Nimbasa City!"
At Nimbasa Gate
- "Hello, <player>!"
- "Elesa called and was asking me all about Electric-type Pokémon, and I thought about you guys. That's why I wanted to see you. Ta-da! Freebies for you! Here, Cheren! You, too, <player>."
- "If you see a Pokémon that you want to have join you, be sure to use a good type of Poké Ball. Because this could be the first and last time you see that Pokémon! I know it might seem strange for me to say this, since I'm the one who asked you to complete the Pokédex, but please, remember to enjoy your journey! Of course, I'm not saying you can just neglect the Pokédex. But you know that! Now, if you'll please excuse me, I have to go meet Bianca."
At Chargestone Cave
- "Hi there! How are you, <player>? This place is always charged with lots of electricity that Pokémon like! The electric charges react from one stone to another, and that's why some of the stones are floating! But not all of the stones can be pushed. My father asked me to research Klink, which is a Pokémon that looks like a gear, because I'm researching the origins of Pokémon and the era they appeared. He knows how to get what he wants from people, but I was already interested in this anyway, so it's a lot of fun! Oh yeah! <player>, this is for you!"
- "Giving that Lucky Egg to a Pokémon to hold increases the amount of Exp. Points received in battle by a lot! Having strong Pokémon will make it easier to fill your Pokédex pages!"
- "<player>! Are you working on your Pokédex? Keep encountering lots of Pokémon, so you can keep filling those pages!"
- "Hi there! Did you find something? I think we're just about done collecting data. This cave has been around since the distant past, but... Data to prove that Klink existed more than a hundred years ago can't be found. So that must mean... Klink suddenly appeared a hundred years ago! Where Pokémon came from and where they are going... If we can learn that, I believe we can get along even better!"
- "Bianca, you have good ears. I can't believe you heard <player>'s voice from that far away. <player>, who is this Trainer?"
- "Oh, my. Looks like you're not my biggest fan. Your opinion is understandable. It happens to be different from mine, which is equally understandable. How about if all people get to decide for themselves how to relate to Pokémon?"
- "Well, I didn't expect him to change his mind right away. But I hope he'll spend a little time trying to understand how others feel. Now, then... I think I'll go collect a little more data. For Pokémon and people to get along better, we need to take steps to learn more about them!"
At Relic Castle
- "<player>! <player>!! Hello? <player>!! Oh! You picked up! Hey, <player>. Come to the museum in Nacrene City immediately! Right away, got it? I mean right now!"
- "Hi there, <player>! I heard about these Pokémon statues, and I came to look into their origins! I've learned that each of these Pokémon statues is actually a real Pokémon! It's called Darmanitan. It's sleeping, so it's become like a stone. When I quickly measured how long they've existed... It was amazing! Around 2,500 years! Seems like they went to sleep that long ago. That means they've been here since before this place was in ruins, when the Relic Castle was flourishing. Perhaps they were guarding the city. These Pokémon... They are either in a state of hibernation or meditation, so if you wake them, they will become active once again. And the item that wakes up Darmanitan is actually...this RageCandyBar! That's why I will share one with you, too, <player>!"
- "Well, I'm headed back to the Pokémon Research Lab. Be seeing you!"
At Nacrene City
- "Alder told me what's going on. <player>, you got caught up in something serious, it seems..."
- "...I looked into that."
- "That's right! Opelucid City's Drayden might know something!"
- "I'm going to head back to the lab and do some research... I'll see if I can uncover what kinds of being these legendary Dragon-type Pokémon are and if there is any way to awaken them..."
At Opelucid City
- "...Hello! Was Drayden as tough as ever?B/How was Iris doing?W Oh, I came to report on how to resurrect the legendary ReshiramB/ZekromW. I thought it would be better to tell you in person than over the Xtransceiver. And as for the conclusion... Well, I haven't figured it out yet. I'm sure the Pokémon will wake up when it deems someone worthy. More importantly, aren't you amazing! You have all eight of Unova's Gym Badges now, right? You've become so strong! You probably don't even know it, but you've changed a lot since you left Nuvema Town. Well then, I'll show you where such a strong Trainer should head next!"
- "Pass through that gate, go down Route 10, and you'll arrive at the Badge Check Gates! Once you get through Victory Road, which is past the gates, you're finally at the Pokémon League! Oh, that just made me think of when I was showing you around the Pokémon Center in Accumula Town. <player>? Do you regret setting out on your Pokémon journey?"
- Yes: "Oh! That's OK, don't worry! You don't have to tell me everything. But I'm very happy that you three chose to train Pokémon! Because they create chances to meet more wonderful people and Pokémon!"
- No: "Thanks! That's the greatest answer you could give! I was really happy to be able to give you three those Pokémon as a present! Because Pokémon create chances to meet more wonderful people and Pokémon!"
- "<Player>, this is a present for you!"
- "This Master Ball is the most powerful kind of Poké Ball. It can catch any Pokémon without fail. This is the only way I can support you, except to say... Be true to yourself. No matter what happens, stay strong and keep going with your Pokémon! See you!"
Xtransceiver Conversation in Aspertia City
- "Hi there, <player>! I'm Professor Juniper! Bianca told me you accepted the Pokédex! Thank you so much! Thanks to you, we will all know more about Pokémon and be able to get along with then even better!'""
- "Thank you for going so far for this errand, Bianca. And Cheren, how are you enjoying being a Gym Leader?"
- "Oh, Cheren… Having battles that come down to the wire will make you a Gym Leader who depends the bonds between your challengers and their Pokémon, right?"
- "That's right, Bianca! Our world is a world where we live with Pokémon. Everyone! Keep that in mind as you pursue your dreams with your Pokémon! Particularly you, <player>! The Pokédex may be important, but… First, enjoy your journey with your Pokémon to your heart's content! "
- "Hi there, <player>! It's nice to finally be able to talk to you in person! I'm Professor Juniper! You accepted the Pokédex and came all the way out here with your partners... Here, I'll evaluate your progress for you! So, <player>, you've seen <number> Pokémon up to this point! I see! Thank you! This is a token of my gratitude."
- "This Master Ball is the most powerful kind of Poké Ball. It can catch any Pokémon without fail. Journeys are about meeting Pokémon. Don't let a chance get away! Still, I'm amazed how much Pokémon distribution changes in two years. That means my research will never end. Still, you could say that's what makes it fun..."
- "Why, if it isn't Skyla! This is Skyla. She's Mistralton City's Gym Leader."
- "Aha ha! You're right. But I have a quick favor to ask first. I want a look at Celestial Tower. Do you mind waiting till I'm through? See you, <player>! Be sure to always get along with all kinds of Pokémon!"
- "Hi there! How were things with Skyla? Oh? You still haven't earned the Gym Badge yet? Well, if that's the case, I'll keep up the field work until the plane is ready to fly. Oh yeah! Why don't you try using this?"
- "Giving that Lucky Egg to a Pokémon to hold increases the amount of Exp. Points received in battle a little bit! Having strong Pokémon will make it easier to fill your Pokédex pages!"
In front of the Mistralton Gym
- "Hi there! I hope we can get some good research done on the other side of the mountain as well. That's right! I want you to take this flight, too! There's someone I want you to meet in Opelucid City, but we can't get through Twist Mountain right now. We'll just make a quick flight over to Lentimas Town! I'll be waiting for you in Mistralton Cargo Service!"
Mistralton Cargo Service
- "OK, Skyla, we're ready. Please take us to Lentimas Town!"
- "Bianca, you're here? You're starting to show the dedication of a serious researcher these days!"
- "OK, everyone, off we go to Lentimas Town!"
- "Well, I suppose I should tell you why I brought you out here. Cheren told me that a group of people calling themselves Team Plasma are planning to use legendary Pokémon to take over the Unova region. As you may know, in the Unova region, there are two legendary Dragon-type Pokémon: Reshiram and Zekrom... But two years ago, Reshiram and Zekrom each recognized a Trainer as a hero. They are following those Trainers. So Team Plasma shouldn't be able to use the Dragon-type Pokémon..."
- "There is much we don't know about Reshiram and Zekrom... That's why I want to hear what Opelucid City's Gym Leader, Drayden, has to say about this. He's a Dragon-type Gym Leader, so he might know something. So, we're finally to the reason why I brought you here. I want you to go to Opelucid City and hear what Drayden has to say. And, I would also like you to help me if something happens!"
- Yes: "Thank you! It's really best not to get involved with Team Plasma to start with. But still..."
- No: "Yes. That is the more reasonable response. It's best not the get involved with Team Plasma. But..."
- "Hearing what Drayden has to say about the Dragon-type Pokémon will be really interesting. And more importantly, it will help fill up the pages of your Pokédex!"
- "Hi there, <player>!"
- "If you go straight past Lacunosa Town, you'll reach Opelucid City! But before you go, there's something I want you two to hear."
- "You'll know soon enough. Hurry now!"
- "That's right. Please tell us."
- "The road is blocked, so we can't get there right now..."
- "A meteorite..."
- "A fascinating story! I'll add it to my research records."
- "Everyone, we should be going."
- "Wasn't that an interesting folktale?"
- "The Pokémon's true identity may be unknown, but the power mentioned in the story is incredible!"
- "Yes, Bianca. It's almost like Zekrom, who scorched Unova with intense lightning long ago.B2/It's almost like Reshiram, who scorched Unova with blazing fire long ago.W2 By the way, <player>, do you remember the story of ZekromB2/ReshiramW2?"
- Yes: "So you remember I told you a little about it in Lentimas Town!"
- No: "Oh, <player>... I even told you a little about it in Lentimas Town."
- "ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 is a legendary Dragon-type Pokémon that lends its power to the person it recognizes as a hero pursuing idealsB2/who seeks truthW2. It has a black body, and it can unleash fearsome lightning!B2/It has a white body, and it can send forth ferocious flames!W2"
- "The meteorite."
- "ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 was revived from a rock called the DarkB2/LightW2 Stone. Let's suppose the meteorite from the story and this stone are one and the same... Take into account that elements from the same era were found in Dragonspiral Tower, where ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 was, and in the Giant Chasm... It doesn't prove anything, but it could be a piece of the puzzle. Let's not write it off as a coincidence just yet..."
- "Until we look into it more deeply, it would be hard to say anything about that. Now that I think about it, the name "Lacunosa" could be derived from lacunosus clouds, which are clouds that resemble a net or a fence. I wonder if the name is related to the part of the story where they built walls to protect the town from that Pokémon."
- "Sorry, I rambled on a bit, didn't I? <Player>, could you ask Drayden about this, if you get a chance? I'm going to do a little fieldwork. Bianca, help out, OK!"
In the anime
Professor Juniper in the anime
Professor Juniper made her first appearance in In The Shadow of Zekrom!. She is an old friend of Professor Oak. She gave Ash, Delia, and Oak a ride in her SUV to her lab so she could study Ash's Pikachu who was ill. Later, she showed Ash the Unova starter Pokémon, then gave Trip his first Pokémon, Snivy.
Ash later returned to Professor Juniper's lab after finding out that Ash's Pikachu had lost his electricity from Zekrom. Later the storm arrived again but this time it gave Pikachu's electric powers back, and Ash departed from her lab the next day.
She reappeared in A Sandile Gusher of Change! where she sent the Poké Ball to Ash of the Oshawott that was supposed to go to a new Trainer, but wandered away to go with Ash. In Minccino-Neat and Tidy! it was shown that she had sent Bianca to give Ash his Badge case. She then spoke to Ash via Bianca's Xtransceiver.
Ash sent his Pidove to her in Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest! to make room for his newly captured Sewaddle. He switched them in The Lost World of Gothitelle!.
In A Venipede Stampede! she thought the problem of the Venipede swarm in Castelia City had something to do with something in the underground. Ash, Iris and Cilan met up with Professor Juniper and went to investigate the unusual activity caused by Team Rocket in the Desert Resort. She was also to appear in the unaired and uncanonical final episodes of Team Rocket's Meteonite mission.
She reappeared in Archeops In The Modern World! along with Fennel who helped her revive an Archen from a Plume Fossil, who later evolved. After safely returning Archeops to the wild, she went back to her lab.
Professor Juniper appeared again in Evolution Exchange Excitement!, where she traded her Karrablast for Bianca's Shelmet, making both of them evolve. In order to help Bianca to work with her new Escavalier, Professor Juniper suggested that they would have a Tag Battle against Ash and Cilan, who used Boldore and Crustle, respectively. Although Professor Juniper's Accelgor and Bianca's Escavalier managed to learn how to work together and eventually defeat Boldore, they were both defeated by Crustle's Rock Wrecker.
Professor Juniper reappeared again in New Places... Familiar Faces! when Ash and his friends returned to Nuvema Town after the Vertress Conference. She also presented a beginner Trainer, Nanette, the three starter Pokémon. After some thinking, Nanette chose Tepig as her first Pokémon.
She appeared again in Farewell, Unova!, where she told Ash and his friends about a cruise that would travel through the Decolora Archipelago to Kanto, after they expressed their wishes to travel to Kanto together. She bought tickets for them to board the ship, but a disguised James bumped on her on purpose to switch the tickets around with fakes to lure Ash and his friends in to another scheme of Team Rocket. She then said the gang goodbye as she drove off.
This listing is of Professor Juniper's known Pokémon:
Gives to new Trainers
Gave away to Trainers
| Archen → Archeops ♀
| Working with Fennel (in order to utilize Musharna's Dream Mist) and using a Plume Fossil provided to her by Lenora, Professor Juniper was able to revive an Archen in a lab between Castelia City and Nimbasa Town. Archen quickly proved to be a handful and refused to eat modern Pokémon food. She soon formed a bond with Ash and his Tranquill as they attempted to teach Archen to fly.
Archen continuously let out a cry that was once used to grow seeds that produced thick vines covered in fruit that Archen and Archeops used as nests in the past. A few of these seeds were attached to Archen when she was revived, and were unknowingly planted in the lab. Cry after cry, the seeds grew and grew until the vines had made the lab completely inaccessible. The vines then began blossoming with fruit, and Archen quickly ran up and helped herself to her first meal since being revived. She then evolved into Archeops and in turn gained the ability to fly. However Team Rocket attempted to capture Archeops and in the processed destroyed the habitat she had created. Luckily, a flock of Archeops had heard her call and arrived to take her with them. After saying a farewell to her new friends (especially Tranquill), Archeops flew off to live with her own kind.
Archeops's only known moves are DragonBreath and Peck.
|| Archeops In The Modern World!
Previously resided at her Lab
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Professor Juniper in Pokémon Adventures
Professor Juniper first appears in the first round of the Black & White chapter of Pokémon Adventures, where she was seen with the three starters and telling them that young people from Nuvema Town would be coming by to take them as their starters. She also commented that she hoped their Trainers would be able to handle them, after they destroyed her office in a fight with each other. Of the three, Tepig ended up in Black's hands, while Cheren and Bianca received Snivy and Oshawott, respectively. She also issued them three individual copies of the Unova Pokédex, but an accident left two of them broken.
|| Minccino ♀
| Minccino is Professor Juniper's only known Pokémon. Minccino is usually seen cleaning messes with or for the Professor.
None of Minccino's moves are known.
|| Fussing and Fighting
Given to new Trainers
|| Tepig ♂
- Main article: Buoh
This Tepig was one of the three Pokémon that was supposed to be given to new Trainers. However, after a fight, Tepig ran away, where it was found and chosen by Black.
|| Fussing and Fighting
|| Snivy ♂
- Main article: Cheren's Snivy
This Snivy was one of the three Pokémon that was supposed to be given to new Trainers. After Bianca took Oshawott for herself, she gave Snivy to Cheren.
|| Fussing and Fighting
In the Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga
Professor Juniper in Pocket Monsters BW
Professor Juniper first appears as a cameo in PMHGSS20 along with the other Pokémon professors. She makes her full appearance in the very first chapter of Pocket Monsters BW. She was the first character in Unova that Red met. Professor Juniper can get upset if someone mentions her age being very old but calms down if she is complimented. In that same chapter, she meets with Black, Bianca and Cheren to give them their first Pokémon.
Gives to new Trainers
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Professor Juniper in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- While Juniper is the first female professor in the games, she is not the first female professor in the anime. Professor Ivy of the Orange Archipelago takes this honor, having been introduced more than ten years prior to Juniper.
- Excluding Pokémon seen through hacking, Professor Juniper is the only regional Professor in the main series to own a Pokémon which is never given to either a protagonist or rival.
- However, Professor Oak had a whole team of Pokémon in secret coding for the Generation I games which was never used in the final copy.
- She is the only regional Professor shown to actually own the Pokémon presented in the game's introduction.
- Like the professors before her, Professor Juniper is named after a tree.
- According to an NPC, Professor Juniper and her father were formerly Backpackers.
- Professor Juniper is the only professor who appears in the anime to have taken care of Ash's Pokémon other than Professor Oak.
|| アララギ博士 Dr. Araragi
|| アララギ Araragi, Japanese yew, or wild rocambole (old name).
|| Prof. Aurea Juniper
|| From Juniper. Her given name might be derived from Juniperus chinensis Aurea, the Austrocedrus genus, or the Aurea butterfly genus, akin to the Araragi genus.
|| Prof. Keteleeria
|| From Keteleeria.
|| Prof. Esche
|| From Esche, Ash.
|| Prof.ssa Aralia
|| From Aralia.
|| Prof.ª Encina
| From encina, Holm Oak.
|| 주박사 Ju-baksa
|| From 주목 (朱木) jumok, Japanese yew.
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 紅豆杉博士 Dr. Hóngdòushān
|| May be derived from 東北紅豆杉 Dōngběi hóngdòushān (Japanese yew). By itself, 紅豆杉 Hóngdòushān refers to the Chinese yew.
|| Prof. Juniper
|| From English name.
|| ดร. อารารากิ
|| Similar to the Japanese name.