From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Poké Dude redirects here. For the Pokémon Daisuki Club card of the same name, see Poké Dude. For the character who teaches players how to catch Pokémon in Generation II, see Dude.
Primo (Japanese: ハジメ Hajime) is a non-player character that appears in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
In Generation III, his real name is not mentioned, and Primo is known simply as the Poké Dude (Japanese: テレビのおにいさん TV Dude). His name is revealed when he appears in Generation IV. Primo is the grandson of the old man in Viridian City who teaches the player how to catch Pokémon in Generation I and gives the Teachy TV in FireRed and LeafGreen.
Outside of the games themselves, Primo is the face of Pokémon Daisuki Club website's subsection on HeartGold and SoulSilver.
In the games
Primo appears in FireRed and LeafGreen as the host of the Poké Dude Show (renamed The Show Me Show in HeartGold and SoulSilver, even though the show itself is absent from these games). This television show broadcast on the Teachy TV and is aimed at Trainers who have just begun their Pokémon journeys. Primo instructs the player on six key gameplay elements:
The Poké Dude Show is filmed on Route 1.
At some point between Generations III and IV, Primo moved from Kanto to Johto. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, he is first found in Violet City's Pokémon Center. If the player tells him a secret combination of words there (using the easy chat system), he will give him or her a new PC Box wallpaper or a Pokémon Egg. Each combination differs from between games and is dependent on the player's Trainer ID number. The Egg given can either hatch into a Mareep, Wooper, or a Slugma. The passwords can be retrieved from the Pokémon Daisuki Club website or Filb.de's secret phrase generator.
Primo will sometimes compete in the Power course of the Pokéathlon.
Given away (as Eggs)
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
- "Hey, all you Trainers out there! Hello, Trainers! ...Come on, let me hear you! Hello, Trainers! It's me, the Poké Dude!"
- Before moving to a particular aspect of the show
- "All righty, here goes! Keep your eyes glued to the super Poké Dude Show!"
- "Remember, Trainers, a good deed a day brings happiness to stay!"
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Primo (as the Poké Dude) or his Pokémon in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- Hironobu Yoshida once performed in a live-action version of Teachy TV, dressing up as the Poké Dude to present it. Depictions of him in various poses form the basis for the illustration for the Poké Dude promotional card.
- He, the old man, and Dude are the only NPCs to receive a back sprite, but not a front one.
||From 初め hajime, first.
||큰형님 Keun Hyeongnim
||Literally means Great Big Brother.
||テレビのおにいさん TV dude