From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article does not yet meet the quality standards of Bulbapedia. Please feel free to edit this article to make it conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.
Prima Games is a company that writes companion strategy guides to video games. Prima has written all the strategy guides for the Pokémon series.
Two guides were made for these games one with Charizard on the cover and one with Blastoise. Each guide offered a complete breakdown of Kanto, including all cities, towns, routes and caves. Locations for all 150 Pokémon were given including their respective skills and statistics. A list of Moves, all available TM's and HM's locations were also given. Also included were a list of where to find items, tips on how to beat the gym leaders and maps of every location. This book was published on October 14, 1998.
This guide was published almost a year after the Red and Blue versions. On the cover was a picture of Pikachu The guide covered all three versions of the Pokémon games available at the time so it was a great buy. This book was published on October 13, 1999.
Only one guide was made for these games. On the cover were Ho-oh and Lugia. The guide gave a compleate explanation of all the new features, such as the Pokégear. Details of the time-of-day dependant events were covered, with information on Pokémon specific to certain times.
Locations of all TM/HMs were given. Battle tactics for how to obtain all eight gym badges were also given. Tips on breeding, capturing, raising, and training the new Pokémon were explained. A sealed section that revealed all puzzles and mysteries was included in the book too. This book was published on October 11, 2000.
This guide had a picture of Suicune on the cover. Quick-path walkthrough for Pokémon trainers on the move were given so the player could get to places faster. Complete maps and walkthroughs of the Johto and Kanto regions were shown. Comprehensive Pokédex containing Crystal moves, How to Catch charts, and detailed stats for all 251 Pokémon were included. Every secret, item location, and puzzle solution exposed in the book. Detailed Pokémon evolution and breeding tips were also a major part of the book. This book was published on July 24, 2001.
Only one guide was published for these games. On the cover were both Kyogre and Groudon. Included in the book were:
- Tips for winning the Pokémon Contests
- Locations to all Secret Bases and Battle Towers
- Thorough Pokedex, featuring Ruby and Sapphire Pokémon, with locations, statistics, and skills
- Strategy to win all 2-on-2 battles and beat all enemy Pokémon Trainers
- Complete walkthrough of the vast new Pokémon world, including all cities, towns, streets, and dungeons
- Detailed moves list
- Tips to capturing, evolving, and customizing your Pokémon
- Detailed charts for Technical and Hidden Machines
This book was published on March 25, 2003.
On the cover of this book was Rayquaza. This book included:
- Tips for collecting the 200 + 2 Pokémon to complete the Hoenn Pokédex.
- How to clear all 7 Battle Frontier arenas and get the Silver Symbols
- Detailed walkthrough guides you through story mode
- Maps cover every region, including all-new, as-yet-unexplored areas
- Field, Battle, and Contest moves lists, plus Items list
- How to play Pokémon Emerald with Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen, and Pokémon Colosseum
This book was published on April 26, 2005.
On the cover of the book is Venusaur and Charizard. The book includes:
- Extensive strategy for new and veteran players.
- Massive walkthrough with stats on every enemy
- Exclusive maps to help you navigate each area
- Detailed battle tactics for dominating your "Pokémon(R) Ruby & Sapphire playing friends!
- Essential Pokedex, featuring stats and how to catch them
This book was published on September 14, 2004
On the cover was both Dialga and Palkia. This book included:
- A large poster with exclusive Pokémon art.
- Each area of the new Sinnoh region comprehensively covered so players will be able to find all the new Pokémon.
This book was published April 22, 2007.
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Pokédex
This book was an expansion of the previous book. This guide had numerous Pokémon on the cover. The majority of the book is a Pokédex, but it also gives a guide of where to catch specific Pokémon after getting the National Dex. A poster of all the Pokémon known to the public (Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus not included) was a bonus in the book.
On the cover of the book are Giratina, Lucas, Dawn, Pearl, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Shaymin Sky Forme, and all of the Sinnoh Frontier Brains.The book included:
- Complete Pokedex fully details all available Pokémon. Providing stats, levels, learned moves, and more. Including the newest additions to the Pokémon roster.
- Full walkthrough with maps - Each area will be comprehensively covered with maps, screens, and text
- All Gameplay Covered - Every part of the game is detailed: from the main quest and side quests to the battle games and contests
- Embossed Cover - Embossed cover treatment to make the art come to life.
- Map Posters - Two mini-posters with maps of the new areas
This book will be available on March 22, 2009