Pressure increases the foe's PP usage by one for every successful hit. This ability works even if the Pokémon is immune to the attack's type, for example, using Earthquake against a Template:Type2 Pokémon.
Starting in Generation IV, Pressure also affects ally Pokémon in a double battle when using moves such as Earthquake, Surf, Lava Plume, Discharge or any other move which affect all Pokémon engaged in battle.
As of Generation IV, one is alerted to the presence of Pressure by the message "<name> is exerting its Pressure!"
Outside of battle
Pokémon with Pressure
|#||Pokémon||Types||First Ability||Second Ability||Hidden Ability|
|Absol||Dark||Pressure||Super Luck||Righteous Heart|
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VI games.
- Pressure is shared by all members of both the legendary birds and legendary beasts, including their trio masters, as well as the creation trio.
- Generation V has the fewest Pokémon with the ability Pressure, with only Kyurem and Komatana's evolutionary line (as the hidden ability for the latter).
- Every Pokémon with Pressure prior to Generation V was introduced only able to have that ability. Absol got a second ability in Generation IV, while all others aside from Dusclops, Dusknoir, and Deoxys received a hidden ability in Generation V.
- Wailmer and Komatana are the only non-evolved nor fully evolved Pokémon having Pressure as their ability.
- Coincidentally, both of their ability are exclusively obtainable via Dream World.
In other languages
- French: Pression
- German: Erzwinger
- Greek: Πίεση
- Italian: Pressione
- Spanish: Presión
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|