From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Complete list of items, the Trainer class for the Trainer in Red; information about it in the anime.
| Pokéstar Studios
| "Wild Missingno. appeared!"
| Map description:
|| Pokéstar Studios, where great movies are produced.
|| North of Virbank City
Location of Pokéstar Studios in Unova.
|Pokémon world locations
Pokéstar Studios (Japanese: ポケウッド Pokéwood, formally called ポケウッドムービースタジオ Pokéwood Movie Studio) is a film studio in the Generation V games Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 located north of Virbank City. Like Pokémon Contests, Pokémon Super Contests, the Pokéathlon, and Pokémon Musicals from previous games, Pokéstar Studios provides Trainers with an alternative to battling.
Pokéstar Studios allows the player to take part in making films involving Pokémon. The films feature a scenario chosen by the player and a number of Pokémon battles. Pop Roxie, Brycen and Sabrina have co-starred in films produced in the studio.
The facility is run by an elderly man named Stu Deeoh (Japanese: ウッドウさん Mr. Woodo).
In the games
Pokéstar Studios is found in southwest Unova. It is connected to Virbank City from the south and can only be accessed after the player has defeated the Virbank Gym Leader Roxie.
To make a film, the player goes to a room with a green screen and faces a person in a Pokémon battle. During the battle, several script options are shown. The player must choose the option that best matches the movie script. The options chosen will determine the course of the film.
Once the filming is complete, the player can watch the movie in the theater, with up to eight films able to play in the theater simultaneously. Beyond eight, the player will have to choose between either deleting an existing film or not (the box sales records do remain even if a film is removed).
There are three types of endings that a movie can get:
- Good Ending - Generated by following the script. Creates a good, if predictable, ending. Getting the good ending usually unlocks the next movie in the series. The player can tell they are getting the good ending based on the pleased reactions of the director.
- Bad Ending - Generated by deviating from the script, such as acting out of character (acting scared when playing a superhero, not acting scared when a zombie appears, etc) or not completing the battle puzzle properly. Directors have an aggravated response when triggering a bad ending.
- Strange Ending - Generated by deviating from the script a certain way, causing a puzzled response from the director. Strange endings change the nature of the movie entirely and generate a shocked reaction.
If the player manages to create a strange ending with their own Pokémon, their Pokémon will become a star, thus they will be given a special entry animation, much like when a Shiny Pokémon is sent out. The entry animation will be removed if the player then creates a bad ending using the same Pokémon. Pokémon that know Transform, Torment, or Metronome are banned from participating in films.
Pokéstar Studios ranks
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: rank(s) in which the Smasher and upstairs fans are unlocked.
The people who give away the items only appear after a certain amount of money has been earned from the movies.
In the anime
Pokéstar Studios in the anime
Pokéstar Studios was featured in An Epic Defense Force!. The president of Pokéstar Studios is Mr. Gold, who has also directed many successful movies.
- Its name in Japanese, Pokéwood, is based on the name Hollywood.
- The film directors are all named after real-life Hollywood directors. "Sydney Pokémet", credited as director in the movies, is a reference to Hollywood icon Sidney Lumet. Likewise, "John Pokénter" pays homage to John Carpenter.
- If a Shiny Pokémon with the star animation is sent out, the Pokémon's Shiny animation will not play. However, it will still retain its Shininess.
- It is possible to Surf in a tree to the far right of Pokéstar Studios movie viewing area.
- The Pokéstar Studios are the only place in the main series games in which the player character is shown speaking.
Pokéstar Studios was created to expand the visuals in the games.
In other languages
- ↑ Interview