From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Complete list of items, the requirements to get each item and Trainer, the Trainer class for the Trainer in Red; an image of it in the anime and information from that episode.
| Pokéstar Studios
| "Wild Missingno. appeared!"
| Map description:
|| Pokéstar Studios, where great movies are produced.
|| North of Virbank City
Location of Pokéstar Studios in Unova.
|Pokémon world locations
Pokéstar Studios (Japanese: ポケウッド Pokéwood), formally called ポケウッドムービースタジオ Pokéwood Movie Studio) is a film studio in the Generation V games Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 located north of Virbank City. Like Pokémon Contests, Pokémon Super Contests, the Pokéathlon, and Pokémon Musicals from previous games, Pokéstar Studios provides Trainers with an alternative to battling.
Pokéstar Studios allows the player to take part in making films involving Pokémon. The films feature a scenario chosen by the player and a number of Pokémon battles. Roxie's father and Brycen have co-starred in several films produced in the studio.
The facility is run by an elderly man named Stu Deeoh (Japanese: ウッドウさん Mr. Woodo).
In the games
Pokéstar Studios is found in southwest Unova. It is connected to Virbank City from the south and can only be accessed after the player has defeated the Virbank Gym Leader Roxie.
To make a film, the player goes to a room with a green screen and faces a person in a Pokémon battle. During the battle, several script options are shown. The player must choose the option that best matches the movie script. The options chosen will determine the course of the film. Once the filming is complete, the player can watch the movie in the theater.
There are three types of endings that a movie can get:
- Good Ending - Generated by following the script. Creates a good, if predictable, ending. Getting the good ending usually unlocks the next movie in the series. You can tell you are getting the good ending by the pleased reactions of the director.
- Bad Ending - Generated by deviating from the script, such as acting out of character (acting scared when playing a superhero, not acting scared when a zombie appears, etc) or not completing the battle puzzle properly. Directors have an aggravated response when triggering a bad ending.
- Twist Ending - Generated by deviating from the script a certain way, causing a puzzled response from the director. Twist endings change the nature of the movie entirely and generate a shocked reaction.
The people who give way the items only appear after a certain amount of money has been earned from the movies.
In the anime
Pokéstar Studios was featured in An Epic Defense Force!.
- If the player manages to create a "strange ending" with their own Pokémon, their Pokémon will become a star, thus they will be given a special entry animation, much like when a Shiny Pokémon is sent out.
- Its name in Japanese is Pokéwood, which is based on the name Hollywood.
In other languages