From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| Basic info
|| up to 4 players
|| Genius Sonority
| Part of:
|| Release dates
|| Aug 04, 2005
| North America:
|| Oct 03, 2005
|| Nov 19, 2005
|| Nov 18, 2005
| South Korea:
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (Japanese: ポケモンXD 闇の旋風ダーク・ルギア Pokémon XD: Whirlwind of Darkness, Dark Lugia) is Genius Sonority's second Pokémon game for the Nintendo GameCube. The "XD" in the title stands for "eXtra Dimension."
The game once again takes place in the Orre region, about five years after the events of Pokémon Colosseum. In their second attempt at world domination, the criminal organization Cipher has created a Shadow Lugia, a.k.a "XD001," which they believe is immune to purification.
See XD characters category.
See XD locations category.
Poké Spot Pokémon
Hordel will only trade this Elekid for a purified Shadow Togepi, otherwise he will trade an Elekid with normal level-up moves.
Duking will trade these Pokémon if you provide him with rare Pokémon from the Pokéspots.
These Pokémon are not catchable, but they have special roles in the game. The Herbalist's Munchlax will often appear at a Poké Spot and make the hero receive a false alarm that a wild Pokémon has appeared to eat his Poké Snacks. When the hero finds Munchlax, the Herbalist will appear to take it back to her store, and she will offer the hero ten more Poké Snacks for his trouble.
A girl's Bonsly can be found inside the S.S. Libra after it appears in the desert. This Bonsly is apparently a Pokémon that Cipher forgot to take to Cipher Key Lair. After saving Bonsly and taking it to the girl in Pyrite Town, she'll allow the hero to play a special bingo card at Realgam Tower, which features Bonsly as a usable Pokémon.
Demo version prizes
These Metang were only obtainable at Japan's 2005 Pokémon Festa and the United States's 2005 Pokémon Rocks America.
Players can transfer snagged Pokémon from Pokémon XD to any of the portable Generation III games: Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald Version. This transference functions identically to the trading function in the main series games, but can only happen in Phenac City.
- Though Lugia is the main focus of the game, it has the second highest level of all snaggable Shadow Pokémon in this game (tied with Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Salamence). The Shadow Pokémon of the highest level in this game is a Dragonite.
- Pokémon XD is only the second true sequel Pokémon game, after the Generation II games, which are a sequel to Generation I.
- If one trades a Pokémon from Colosseum to a GBA game and then to this game, it will say the Pokémon was met in Distant Land, even though it was caught in the same land, Orre.
- If a player pre-ordered this game, they could receive a limited edition GameCube skin featuring Shadow Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Eevee, and Michael.
- In the game the player can capture Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, and then Lugia. Coincidentally in The Power of One the antagonist of the movie captures Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres to capture Lugia.