|This article does not yet meet the quality standards of Bulbapedia. Please feel free to edit this article to make it conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.|
Pokémon V-Trainer is an electronic device that allows the player to use Pokémon figurines to battle Gym Leaders, Trainer cartridges, or another person. The initial system comes with a Treecko level 1 Figurine, a Steven battle pack, and the instructions.
The V-Trainer does not have batteries initially, and requires a screwdriver (to open the battery compartment) and two AAA batteries. When the user first turns it on, the user should press the bottom-right button, then enter a Trainer name, which has a limit of five letters. The user starts off as a level 1 Trainer with unlimited Scratch attacks, and can only select a training battle until the user earns enough points to advance to the next level. There are other expansion packs with a battle pack and two Pokémon. Pokémon figurines come in three levels.
The player starts out with only one attack with unlimited PP: Scratch. The player gets Trainer Points after battles, regardless of the outcome. When the player gets more Trainer Points, more attacks become available.
List of Trainers
This is a list of the Trainers the player can battle using the V-Trainer.
- Ash (Has Pikachu, Corphish and Torkoal) (Prototype)
- Gary (Has Magmar, Fearow and Umbreon) (Prototype)
- Misty (Has Starmie, Corsola and Gyarados (Prototype)
- Falkner (Has Hoothoot, Pidgeotto and Murkrow)
- Bugsy (Has Butterfree, Heracross and Scizor)
- Whitney (Has Jigglypuff, Miltank and Ursaring)
- Morty (Has Gastly, Misdreavus and Gengar)
- Pryce (Has Swinub, Dewgong and Sneasel)
- Jasmine (Has Magnemite, Skarmory and Steelix)
- Chuck (Has Tyrogue, Hitmontop and Machamp)
- Clair (Has Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite)
- May (Has Wurmple, Silcoon, and Beautifly)
- Brawly (Has two Machop and a Makuhita)
- Wattson (Has Magnemite, Voltorb and Magneton)
- Norman (Has Slakoth, Vigoroth and Slaking)
- Winona (Has Pelipper, Swellow and Skarmory)
- Team Magma Grunt (Has Mightyena, Golbat and Houndoom)
- Phoebe (Has Sableye, Banette and Dusclops)
- Glacia (Has Snorunt, Glalie and Walrein)
- Steven (Has Metagross, Skarmory and Aggron)
List of Pokémon
This is the list of Pokémon that the player can use to battle.
|Umbreon (Prototype, though unknown how it surfaced)|
|Entei (Prototype, though unknown how it surfaced)|
|Metagross (Had both a prototype and an official version)|
|This article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|