Pokémon Trainers' School
The Pokémon Trainer's School is the official name for the Training Academy located in Rustboro City right next door of the Rustboro Gym, and is where, like the Gym Leader of the city, Roxanne, says, "students can learn all about the world of Pokémon". The school motto is Go for it together with me, friend, and that’s what we like to practice. Roxanne, as teacher, promotes the cooperation between the students and says that they are not to compete with one another but to learn and grow together as friends, also promote good interactions between humans and Pokémon. An old gentleman is the tour guide for the visitors.
The school is divided into four classes:
- Pokémon Doctor's Class a class that is for potential future Pokémon doctors, taught jointly by a teacher and Nurse Joy.
- Pokémon Battle Class a class that has its own battle arena and a referee.
- Pokémon Contest's Class that has a gym for future Pokémon coordinators to practice. After training there is a Pop Quiz.
- Beginner's Class that has a classroom with a huge TV screen for receive lectures via videophone from authorities like Professor Oak. It is taught by Roxanne, and sometimes the students have field trips. They also have Pokémon battle training where they choose one random Pokémon for the battle.
Besides the classrooms, the school also has:
- Poké Ball Deposit Room: the storage room, like those at Professor Oak's Laboratory and many Pokémon Centers, of the many Poké Balls owned by the school.
- Training Arenas outside of the school.
- Tommy (Beginner’s Class)
- Kenny (Beginner’s Class)
- Anita (Beginner’s Class)
- Max (Beginner’s Class) (Only one day)
- Roxanne (Graduated) (is one of the best students in the history of the Academy, was quickly promoted to Gym Leader).
In the Games
In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, the Pokémon Trainer's School is in Rustboro City near the Pokémon Center, and is a brown building. The sign in front of it reads "We'll teach you anything about Pokémon!". Inside are five students and a teacher, who gives players the Quick Claw. Talking to the students also reveals helpful information. Behind the teacher is the blackboard with the list of status changes that may affect Pokémon in a battle.
The school has hundreds, but only these are shown in the anime.