From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Japanese: ポケモンスタジアム２ Pokémon Stadium 2) is the new version of the Pokémon Stadium stage found in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is named and designed after Melee's Pokémon Stadium stage, also available in Brawl after having played on this stage ten times. While its stage location simply is defined to as Pokémon, it is likely to be located in either Kanto or Johto. Pokémon Stadium 2 is also where Jigglypuff is found and battled in the Subspace Emissary.
It is the main stage for Pikachu and a character new to the Super Smash Bros. series, Pokémon Trainer. The song that plays there is a mix of the music that plays while inside a Gym and the music that plays when a Pokémon is evolving, the wild Pokémon battle music from Ruby and Sapphire and the Main Theme, but with more to be unlocked. The Stadium has in many ways gone under change. Now, the ground beneath the stage is visible - unlike Pokémon Stadium, where darkness is all that can be seen. The giant metropolis surrounding Pokémon Stadium 2 can be seen, along with the night sky and stars. The location of Pokémon Stadium 2 is currently unknown. With its predecessor in Kanto, it can be assumed to be situated in Johto, but it can also be Hoenn or Sinnoh. The large screen, still situated in the background, is semi-transparent now and retains the duty of alerting players of terrain change.
In each of the modes, players will also see guest Pokémon.
- Basic Mode: Although with improvements, still identical to the one in Melee, except that there are two lines in the field.
- Ice Mode: This houses a roof which doubles as a platform. The background also houses a big chunk of ice and a small building with a window. The stage itself is slippery. Snover and Snorunt appear as guests on this stage.
- Ground Mode: Based on a construction site, it houses a large pile of dirt with spades and a wheel barrow. Also a stone with two platforms built into it hosts a Cubone and a Fossil of Omanyte/Omastar. Finally embedded in the ground is the Fossil of an Aerodactyl and the guest Pokémon Dugtrio situated next to the structure.
- Flying Mode: Here all characters' jumps are substantially increased. When a character falls, the speed of their decent is significantly decreased. The background also houses three windmills, but besides that the terrain is relatively flat. The guest Pokémon include Skarmory, Drifloon, and Hoppip.
- Electric Mode: A series of conveyor belts line the bottom of the screen moving players towards the edge of the stage. Electivire and Magnezone can be seen in the background.
- An Easter egg can be found when the stage is in Ice Mode. If the player angles the camera and looks through the window of the cabin that Snorunt is in, a poster of Masahiro Sakurai's pet cat can be seen on the wall. Sakurai is the creator of the Super Smash Bros. series as well as the creator of the Kirby franchise.