Pokémon Sinnoh Handbook
|Pokémon Sinnoh Handbook|
|Author:||Tracey West, Katherine Noll|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Kanto Handbook|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon Ultimate Handbook|
Pokémon Sinnoh Handbook (ISBN 978-0-545-00072-7) by Tracey West and Katherine Noll is an edition of the The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published in September 2007. It served as a paper form of the Sinnoh Pokédex from Diamond and Pearl and contained an entry for all the Generation IV Pokémon. The front cover has pictures of the starter Pokémon (Chimchar, Piplup, and Turtwig) that one can choose from in the Diamond and Pearl games. There was a shorter version for schools serviced by Scholastic; it omitted Pokémon found only in Platinum and the legendary Pokémon not found in either regional Pokédex (Cresselia, Shaymin, etc.).
Each Pokémon either shares its page of the book with another or is by itself. Each entry has the Pokémon's summary, picture, and evolution chain.
On the side of the pages, the entries list the following stats:
- Name pronunciation
- Techniques (the basic and most commonly used moves of that Pokémon)
- Height (in feet and inches)
- Weight (in pounds)
At the very bottom of each Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family. Pokémon that do not evolve instead have the words "DOES NOT EVOLVE".
The book has an introduction, a guide to the layout of the entries, an introduction to the Sinnoh region, an appendix about Ash, Brock, Dawn and their current Pokémon (as of Twice Smitten, Once Shy), and a poster of all the Pokémon in the Sinnoh Pokédex as of Diamond and Pearl.
- Abra and Alakazam's pages incorrectly label their species names as "Psychic Pokémon" instead of "Psi Pokémon."
- Double Hit, Fling, Nasty Plot, and Last Resort are missing from Aipom's page.
- Blissey's page is missing its weight.
- Cherubi's page features the move SolarBeam twice.
- Garchomp's moves include Sucker Punch, Payback, and Dark Pulse, none of which it can learn.
- Though the Pokémon are supposed to be listed in alphabetical order, Gastrodon is listed before Gastly and Steelix is listed before Spiritomb.
- Geodude's page misspells Stone Edge as "Stone Eye."
- Golduck's page implies that Ash battled Katie twice, whereas he only battled her once (but over the course of two episodes).
- Bug Buzz is listed as "Big Buzz" on Kricketune and Mothim's pages.
- All instances of Guard Swap are listed as Guard Spec.
- Mr. Mime's page mispells Future Sight as "Future Site."
- Murkrow's page lists a non-existent move, "Repeat."
- Palkia's page lists Spacial Rend as "Spatial Rend."
- Snover's page lists its type as "Ice/Grass" instead of "Grass/Ice."
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|