Difference between revisions of "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky"
|Line 215:||Line 215:|
== Special Episode Locations ==
Revision as of 22:39, 24 December 2010
- This article is about the game. For the special anime episode, see Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - Beyond Time & Darkness.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (Japanese: ポケモン不思議のダンジョン 空の探検隊 Pokémon Fushigi no Dungeon Sora no Tankentai) is a game developed by Chunsoft, and is a sister game to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness. The game was first announced in CoroCoro, which released the first details in January 2009. It was officially released in Japan on April 18, 2009 and in North America on October 12th, 2009.
- Players can now play as four new starter Pokémon: Phanpy, Vulpix, Riolu, and Shinx. Munchlax and Meowth are no longer playable, and Eevee and Skitty return from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team. Moreover, every starter Pokémon, in addition to Meowth and Munchlax, are available as partners.
- Some of the starter and partner Pokémon can now start with an egg move.
- Players can now play the music used in the game with the Sky Jukebox.
- There is a new place called Spinda's Café where the following can be found:
- Spinda's Juice Bar grants access to the Unexplored Land, and it also allows players to make drinks out of food items.
- Recycle Shop allows players to exchange excess items for other items. The more items exchanged, the better the items available will be. Players may also trade items for Prize Tickets (more kinds of tickets can be unlocked by team's rank, for example Silver Tickets are only available to teams in the Silver rank). Prize tickets can be used in a lottery, where you get to chose from three colors for the drawing (red, blue, and yellow). You can sometimes get rare items this way.
- The player's team recruits can now be found in Spinda's Café (if the player prefers).
- Job requests can also be found here, and can be accepted or rejected by talking to the client to the left of the exit.
- Dungeons that were previously only attainable through job requests can also be found in Spinda's Juice Bar and the Recycle Shop.
- There is a new location called the Secret Bazaar which is found randomly in dungeons. It is run by Kirlia. The bazaar has several stalls found inside.
- Mime Jr.'s stall restores the team's Health Points (HP), Power Points (PP), and fill the belly for 100 Poké.
- Swalot's Grab Bag Shop gives players Grab Bags for 100 Poké. They may hold useful items inside them.
- Lickilicky's will clean the player's items in their inventory for 100 Poké.
- Shedinja's gives players a chance to escape the dungeon sooner for 100 Poké.
- Players can find a statue of Arceus in a new dungeon called Destiny Tower. The story here involves a new item called the Space Globe.
- Players only lose half of their money when defeated in a dungeon, instead of all of it.
- Tradable items can be traded for any others now, provided they are available at Croagunk's Swap Shop.
- Using DS Download Play, the player can send their friends a demo of the game in the Hidden Shopkeeper Village.
- The Luxray and Luxio tribe that was the boss of Amp Plains has been replaced by the Manectric and Electrike tribe. This is possibly due to one of the starter and partner choices in this game being Shinx.
- A new item called the Sky Gift can be obtained in an area consisting of ten dungeons called Sky Peak
- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are no longer acquired with the Mystery Part and Secret Slab or in Final Maze, and are now in three new dungeons called Southeastern Islands, Inferno Cave, and Treacherous Waters. These dungeons are unlocked through random challenges in Spinda's Cafe. However, these challenges cannot be taken until the player's team has reached the Master Rank.
- Occasionally bottles containing job requests will wash up along the beach. Upon finding a bottle the player has the option to take or reject the request. Rejected jobs remain on the beach until taken. However, if the player wants, they can accept the job and then delete it to remove the bottle.
- Some of the items found in a dungeon might not be what they seem to be. These items are called Lookalike items. For example, that blue Berry that was found in a dungeon might not be of the healing Oran variety, but the damaging Oren.
During the course of the game, players can engage in various scenarios that expand upon the story of some of the different characters.
|How to Unlock|
|Bidoof's Wish||The first episode features the past of the Bidoof in Wigglytuff's Guild just after he entered the guild. He goes to the Star Cave to have his wish granted by a Jirachi.|
|Arrest Drowzee in Chapter 3|
|Igglybuff the Prodigy||The second episode features Wigglytuff as an Igglybuff. It explores his past and explains how he became an explorer.|
|Return to the Guild in Chapter 9|
|150px||Today's "Oh My Gosh"||The third episode features the fellow guild member, Sunflora. She was given a mission to seek out a Haunter but was apparently unprepared for what she was about to face.|
|Come up with the plan to capture Grovyle in Chapter 13|
|120px||Here Comes Team Charm!||The fourth episode features Team Charm and their past. Team AWD can also be found here.|
|Return from the future in Chapter 15|
|150px||In the Future of Darkness||The fifth episode is set in the dark future. Grovyle and Dusknoir work together when Primal Dialga tries to get rid of them.|
|Graduate from the Wigglytuff Guild|
This game is capable of trading items with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness. Rescues may also be carried out between the three. If a rescue mail is sent from Sky to Time or Darkness, the mail will appear to have come from either Time or Darkness.
- Beach Cave
- Wigglytuff's Guild
- Drenched Bluff
- Waterfall Cave
- Landslide Cave
- Hidden Land
- Hidden Highland
- Brine Cave
- Temporal Tower
- Temporal Spire
- Temporal Pinnacle
- Crystal Cave
- Northern Desert
- Hot Spring
Special Episode Locations
- EoS Wigglytuff Guild.jpg
The new starters and Skitty
- PMD3 explore.jpg
- MD Sky m in a bottle.png
A message in a bottle
- Pmd sky arceus.png
Riolu and the Arceus statue
|This article is part of Project Sidegames, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Sidegames.|