From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon Channel is a spin-off game developed by Ambrella for the Nintendo Gamecube.
The player and his Pikachu have been asked for help from Professor Oak. Play varies between the television programs and exploring Mintale Town. Gameplay usually lasts for at least a week as new programs are unlocked each day.
All the Pokémon have their anime voices and the game includes a unique anime episode, Pichu Bros. in Party Panic.
The game includes an in-game Pokémon Mini. Most of the games are from its existing library, though there is one new game, entitled Snorlax's Lunchtime.
After completing the game by watching all the episodes of Pichu Bros. in Party Panic, Jirachi can be downloaded from the European and Australian edition of the game. Although originally intended for download from a bonus disc related to the game, Jirachi's distribution method in other countries ended up having nothing to do with Pokémon Channel.
Mintale Town is split into four areas. The house is located in Springleaf Field, while the other three areas are reached by bus.
Through exploring the world, it is possible to interact with Wild Pokémon, most commonly through them asking questions about themselves. A correct answer will earn the player a collectible card. What Pokémon appear in each area depends on the time of day and weather. The weather is changed by watching Slowpoke's Weather Report, while the day is split into the following time periods:
- Morning: 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Day: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Evening: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Night: 7:00 PM - 5:00 AM
- Prof. Oak Report - This is where the game is saved.
- Pichu Brothers - The Pichu Brothers episode. There are many channels for this, giving the choice each of five parts, the full version , or foreign language versions. In the Australian version of the game, there is the special 'Kasumi version', which is the foreign language version but with Kasumi as the narrator. In the Australian version of the game, the foreign language of the channel is Japanese. In the European version of the game, if the game language is set in English, the foreign language will be Spanish. If the game language is set in Spanish, the foreign language will be English.
- PNF (Pokémon News Flash) - Psyduck tells the news with Meowth giving reports from the scene. Sometimes Psyduck falls asleep and does nothing, in which case the show ends.
- Shop 'n Squirtle is the game's shop, hosted by Squirtle, (wearing the Squirtle Squad glasses.) Most items are room decorations, though cards and Pokémon Mini games can also be obtained. Items will be delivered by Delibird the following day. Bus passes must be obtained to travel to each of the three regions, though Delibird will deliver these immediately.
- Quiz Wobbuffet is a quiz show hosted by Wobbuffet. After watching three Pokémon answer questions, there is a "Present Quiz" where the player can earn money.
- Smoochum Shape-up is exercise program. Pikachu loves to dance alongside Smoochum.
- Slowpoke's Weather Report - Slowpoke gives the weather forecast for one of the regions. This physically changes the weather, changing the Pokémon found in the area.
- Eggzamination: Hatch Up! - An egg is viewed until it hatches. The player can guess the Pokémon inside and will win money if correct on hatching. Eggs can take up to 24 hours to hatch.
- Mareep Farm - A number of Mareep are counted as they jump over a fence. Pikachu will become tired watching this.
- Smeargle's Art Study - Smeargle rates the picture hanging on the player's wall.
- Chansey's Fortune Cookie - Chansey offers five fortune cookies. One message can be chosen each day.
- Chum Chum Ranking - Smoochum hosts the ranking channel. First, five Pokémon or things are put in popularity order. Then, Pokémon are asked which of two items they prefer. Finally, some statistics about the player are given.
- Odd One Out - A number of Oddish come onto the screen and the player can bet on whether there will be an even or odd number. Pikachu loves this show.