From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing information.
The engine that powers Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, like Pokémon Gold and Silver and their Generation IV remakes, is directly based on that of its prequels. Despite this, they still go through similar stages of development as all other main series games.
There are alternate colored sprites for several Pokéstar Studios opponents within the internal data, which are presumably Shiny sprites. However, it isn't possible to encounter the Shiny sprites in the final release.
| The alternate colored F-00
|| The alternate colored F-00 2
Every key item's sprite since Generation III, including the ones not in Generation IV such as the Fame Checker, exist in the games' data. Furthermore, item data for all key items since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl is still present.
Pokémon World Tournament
In the internal text file for the Pokémon World Tournament, there are two complete sets of unused text strings for Hilbert and Hilda, the player characters of Pokémon Black and White. These strings are located between the ones for Volkner and the Driftveil Tournament participants. This indicates that they were intended to appear as opponents on an unidentified tournament; in the final release, with the exception of multiplayer interactions with either Black or White, neither character appears at all but are frequently referred to by other characters.
Unlike the Memory Link references to the player character in the final release, their names are permanently set as Hilbert and Hilda. Both sets of text are identical, with the exception of swapping the respective names as necessary.
The moments in the player's adventure at which the quotes are labeled to originate from are conjecture, based on the ordering consistency of the text strings used and by associating them with the remaining text strings for the Pokémon World Tournament used in the regular gameplay.
- "Meet Hilbert/Hilda, the Trainer some claim to be the strongest of all!"
- Before battle (first round)
- "Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
- Before battle (second round)
- "Words are the source of all misunderstanding! Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
- Before battle (final round)
- "You communicate with Pokémon using feelings, not words! Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
- Thank you!"
- If the player is defeated
- "I just lucked into winning... Isn't that how it felt?"
- "Hilbert/Hilda: Make your dreams come true! Someone once encouraged me to do that. Even now, I'm continuing my journey to realize those dreams."
- "Hilbert/Hilda: I'll leave you with words someone told me once. Dream your dream!"
Several lines of unused weather effect text appear within the internal data of Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. Notably, quotes for fog exist within the text, implying that fog was planned to exist in Black and White.
| Fog crept up as thick as soup!
| The fog lifted.
| The sandstorm rages.
| The hail crashes down.
- ↑ Project Pokemon Raw DB: Pokemon Black2 Message File #407