From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Pokémon Adventures volume 9
Volume 9 is the ninth volume of the Pokémon Adventures manga and the second of eight volumes in the Gold, Silver & Crystal chapter. It is authored by 日下秀憲 Hidenori Kusaka and illustrated by 真斗 Mato.
- This is the last volume where Mato is the manga's illustrator.
Chuang Yi translation
There are a few errors in the brief description of volume 9:
- The Pokédex is said to be shown to be a new gadget but it is not.
- Bill is mentioned as a new character.
- It also says that Crystal is a shadow.
- It says that Yellow becomes the owner of the third Pokédex when in fact Crystal is the owner.
When Silver's party is explained at the end of the book, there are six errors:
- Silver's Sneasel is referred to as Sneasal.
- Gold's Sudowoodo, Sudobo, is referred to as Aipom.
- Kingdra was referred to as Kingora.
- Tyranitar was also referred to as Kingora.
- The Dark-type was referred to as the Evil-type.
- Sneasel only had one type (the Evil-type), though it is also part Ice-type.
- Kingdra's Trainer was listed as Dragon, instead of its secondary type being Dragon.
Some other minor errors occur:
- In the description read from Gold's Pokédex, Togebo's Metronome attack is translated to "Finger Shake."
- The 114th round, titled VS. Delibird (Part II) is mistakenly written as "Chapter 104."
It should be noted that most, if not all, of these errors are due to Chuang Yi literally translating the names, instead of doing proper research.
- Although Daisy confirms that Yellow hadn't informed Red of her true gender, she refers to Yellow as a "she" in front of Red.
- Blue is referred to as the champion of the last Pokémon League, rather than the runner-up.