From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Pokémon: Battle Frontier|
Battle Frontier logo
Pokémon: Battle Frontier is the ninth season of the Pokémon anime and the final season of the Advanced Generation English-language dub. It is comprised of episodes 146-192 of the original Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation series. It follows Ash Ketchum as he continues to collect symbols from the Kanto Battle Frontier while May participates in Pokémon Contests. It began with Fear Factor Phony, which originally aired on September 8, 2006 in the United States, and ended with Home is Where the Start Is, which originally aired on March 3, 2007.
The English dub underwent many changes at the start of the season. 4Kids Entertainment's licensing rights to the dub expired and in an agreement with TPCi they decided not to renew, resulting in a recasting controversy among some fans. Meanwhile, Kids' WB! (a broadcast network) dropped all anime from its lineup leading to Cartoon Network (a cable network) picking up the series. It begins broadcasting on CITV/Action Stations! on October 30th 2008 in the UK, this is the first time this series has been shown on Freeview.
It is preceded by Pokémon: Advanced Battle and is succeeded by Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl, the first season of the dub of the Diamond and Pearl series, which is based on the Generation IV games.
See the list of Pokémon: Battle Frontier episodes for a list of episodes aired this season.
- Ash and company runs into Pokémon Ranger Solana, who is searching for an injured Celebi. (AG155)
- Brock enters his first Pokémon contest at Gardenia Town. (AG167)
- Ash and company runs into Solana again, as they encounter a wild Deoxys. (AG171, AG172)
- May participates in the Kanto Grand Festival located at the Indigo Plateau. She ends up in the top four after defeating Harley and Drew, and then losing to Solidad. (AG180-AG182)
- Ash and his friends learn from Professor Oak about Sinnoh, a region located north of Kanto. (AG187)
- May learns that Drew, Harley, and Solidad plan to enter Pokémon contests in the Johto region.
- Ash calls for his Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur for his match against Brandon. (AG189)
- Ash completes the Battle Frontier with his victory at the Battle Pyramid. He is offered a position as a Frontier Brain, but he declines. (AG190)
- Ash enters his first Pokémon contest at Terracotta Town. (AG191)
- The group parts ways. Brock goes back home in Pewter City. May plans to compete in Pokémon contests in the Johto region after leaving Kanto. Ash returns to Pallet Town (AG192)
- Ash meets up with Gary, who came from Sinnoh. Ash and Gary battle, with Ash's Pikachu losing to Gary's Electivire.
- Ash decides to follow Gary back into Sinnoh, and leaves all his Pokémon, except Pikachu, at Professor Oak's ranch. However, Aipom quickly follows Ash and rejoins him.
- Team Rocket continues to follow Ash into Sinnoh.
The following Pokémon are obtained:
The following Pokémon evolve:
May wins Pokémon contests in these locations:
Ash defeats the following Frontier Brains:
U.S. DVD Releases
In other languages
- Battle Frontier is the only English season to have its own ending theme, instead of just a shortened version of the opening theme.
- In Belgium, they skipped this season, and began to broadcast the Diamond & Pearl series immediately after AG145 with the Dutch dub. However, in the Netherlands, they did broadcast Battle Frontier.
- This is the shortest season to date.