| Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands|
Logo for the season
Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands is the second season of the Pokémon anime. The 35-episode season showcases the adventures of Ash, Misty, and Tracey in the Orange Islands before they return to Pallet Town. The season is referred to as "Adventures in the Orange Islands" by both fans and the released DVD collection due to the original airings having no subtitle, like later seasons would.
It originally aired as part of the 2000 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with A Scare in the Air, which originally aired on January 8, 2000, and ended with The Rivalry Revival, which originally aired on October 14, 2000.
Adventures in the Orange Islands marked the beginning of the filler arc that spans between the Indigo League and the Johto saga which begins with Pokémon: The Johto Journeys. It was produced in order to allow for the completion of Pokémon Gold and Silver, which the Johto saga was based on.
See the List of Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands episodes for a list of episodes aired as part of this season.
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
- Professor Oak tells Ash to journey to the Orange Archipelago to pick up the mysterious GS Ball, which cannot be teleported via PC. (EP081)
- Ash meets Professor Ivy and retrieves the GS Ball from her lab. (EP083)
- Brock stays behind with Professor Ivy and becomes her assistant. (EP083)
- Tracey joins the group. (EP084)
- Ash decides to challenge the Orange Crew. (EP084)
- Ash's Charizard finally begins to listen to him. (EP105)
The following Pokémon are obtained:
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
Ash defeats the Head Leader:
North American DVD Releases
- Main article: List of English language Adventures on the Orange Islands home video releases (Region 1)
Australian DVD Releases
- Pokémon Season 2: Adventures on the Orange Islands (EP081-EP105. Also includes 28 Indigo League episodes)
- Pokémon Season 3: The Johto Journeys (EP106-EP116. Also includes all 41 The Johto Journeys episodes)
- Many clips of Ash's adventures in the Orange Islands were first shown in the US via Pikachu's Jukebox.
- This season has the longest season name totaling at 38 letters, tied up with Pokémon Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors.
- In Finland, this season was completely skipped.
- The DVD boxset refers to the season as "Adventures On the Orange Islands" for an unknown reason.
- The title is also sometimes listed as "Adventures In Orange Islands!"
- Most of the episode scenes in the theme song are from the episode Pikachu Re-Volts!
In other languages
|Italian||Pokémon - Oltre i cieli dell'avventura|
|Portuguese||Brazil||Pokémon - Aventuras nas Ilhas Laranjas|
|Portugal||Pokémon - Aventuras nas Ilhas Laranjas|
|Latin American Spanish||Pokémon - Liga Naranja|
|Swedish||Pokémon - Äventyren på Apelsinöarna|
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|