| Pokémon: Advanced|
Advanced title screen.
Pokémon: Advanced is the first season of the dub of the Advanced Generation series of the Pokémon anime, comprised of the first forty episodes. However, it is considered the sixth season of the entire Pokémon series by U.S. broadcasters. This season showcases the adventures of Ash, May, Brock and Max in the Hoenn region, from Littleroot Town up to Mauville City.
It originally aired as part of the 2003-2004 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with Get the Show on the Road, which first aired in sequence on November 1, 2003 (having been part of a "preview" of Pokémon: Advanced more than half a year earlier, close to the release of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire) and ended with Watt's with Wattson, which originally aired on September 4, 2004.
It is preceded by Pokémon: Master Quest, the last season of the original series dub, and succeeded by Pokémon: Advanced Challenge. This is the last time Megan Hollingshead voices Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, as she left 4Kids at the end of this season. This season is the last where 4Kids Entertainment dub at TAJ Productions. For the next season, they moved into their own dubbing studio.
See the list of Pokémon: Advanced episodes for a list of episodes aired this season.
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
- Ash and Pikachu arrive in the Hoenn region, and Ash meets up with May as she gets her starter Pokémon from Professor Birch. (AG001)
- Ash and May agree to travel together.
- Ash registers for the Hoenn League. (AG002)
- Team Magma makes their appearance trying to enter ruins outside Oldale Town.
- Ash meets May's family in Petalburg City. May's brother Max joins the duo, equipped with the PokéNav. (AG003)
- Brock rejoins the group on the way to Rustboro City. (AG004)
- The group learns about Pokémon Contests. (AG013)
- May decides she wants to be a Pokémon Coordinator and earn ribbons instead of trying to earn Gym Badges. (AG016)
- Ash and company help the Devon Corporation President track down a Team Aqua spy. (AG017)
- While training on Dewford Island, the group runs into Professor Birch. (AG027, AG028)
- The group finds Team Magma and Team Aqua digging through some ruins under a boy's Secret Base. (AG027)
- May meets up with her first Pokémon Contest rival, Drew, just before the Slateport City Contest. (AG033)
- Ash and friends try to stop a Team Magma theft of molten rock from Captain Stern at the Oceanic Museum. (AG036)
- Jigglypuff appears at the Trick House. (AG039)
The following Pokémon are obtained:
- May's Torchic (AG001)
- Ash's Taillow (AG004)
- James's Cacnea (AG006)
- Ash's Treecko (AG007)
- Jessie's Seviper (AG008)
- Brock's Lotad (AG012)
- Jessie's Wurmple (AG014)
- May's Wurmple (AG014)
- Ash's Corphish (AG023)
- Brock's Mudkip (AG025)
The following Pokémon evolve:
The following Pokémon are released:
- Brock's Geodude (left at Pewter Gym, SS001)
- Onix (left at Pewter Gym, SS001)
- Crobat (left at Pewter Gym, SS001)
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
- This is the last season in the dub that features the Who's That Pokémon? eyecatch.
In other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Pokémon - Advanced|
|Latin American Spanish||Pokémon: Fuerza Máxima|
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|