Pokémon-e Starter Deck (TCG)
The Pokémon-e Starter Deck (Japanese: スターターパック Starter Pack) complements the e-Card 1 Expansion of the Pokémon Trading Card Game and was released in Japan only. The deck contains a random assortment of cards from a set exclusive to the deck itself (detailed in the first checklist) and a random selection from the first 32 cards in the main set (detailed in the second checklist).
Cards Exclusive to the Deck
The deck is constructed in this manner: -
- 4 Pokémon cards:
- 1 starter Evolution set (e.g. 2 Bulbasaur, 1 Ivysaur, 1 Venusaur)
- 5 Trainer cards
- 8 random cards from the first 32 of the main set (see below)
- 13 Energy cards:
- 1 Energy card to match the starter Evolution set (e.g. Grass Energy)
- 2 Grass Energy
- 2 Fire Energy
- 2 Water Energy
- 2 Lightning Energy
- 2 Psychic Energy
- 2 Fighting Energy
- These cards are fixed, and therefore have no rarity symbols.
- In the English release, these cards were combined with the main set to form the English set.
Cards from the Main Set
- These cards are all found in the main set, and therefore have rarity symbols.
- The trend of random assortment has been used in Japan with every first Expansion in a new Generation, with the exception of Generation III where the idea was used in Half Decks in the sixth Expansion.
The Pokémon-e Starter Deck also includes a rulebook, damage counters, status counters and a custom coin (Blissey).
|This article is part of Project TCG, a Bulbapedia project that aims to report on every aspect of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.|