From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
A Plate (Japanese: プレート Plate) is a type of held item introduced in Generation IV, primarily for use in changing Arceus's elemental type and form to the corresponding type of Plate. However, it will also increase the attack power of moves of the Plate's type used by any Pokémon holding it by 20%. The Plates also change the type of Judgment, and due to this, Judgment will always have effectively 120 power unless the user is not holding a Plate. There is a Plate available for every elemental type except Normal, and while there exists a Template:Type2 Arceus, there is no associated ??? Plate, meaning there are 16 Plates in total.
The 16 Plates are spread far and wide across Sinnoh, and can also be dug up in the Underground. What follows is a list of what effect a Plate has when held and where they can be found in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, besides in the Underground.
List of Plates
- Japanese: りゅうのプレート Dragon Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Dragon-type Pokémon
- Japanese: こわもてプレート Fearful Favor Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Dark-type Pokémon.
- Found: Old Chateau - At the top of the stairs go through the door to the north. The Plate is in a Poké Ball in the left hand room.
- Requires Cut to reach.
- Japanese: だいちのプレート Earth Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Ground-type Pokémon.
- Found: Oreburgh Gate (the tunnel to the left of Oreburgh City) - Go north up the path, then follow around and take the stairs to the basement. Surf to the far left of the cave and use strength to get to the Poké Ball.
- Requires Rock Smash, Surf and Strength to reach.
- Japanese: こぶしのプレート Fist Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Fighting-type Pokémon.
- Found: Route 215 - In a Poké Ball near the left side of the route.
- Requires Cut to reach.
- Japanese: こうてつプレート Steel Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Steel-type Pokémon.
- Found: Iron Island - Hidden in the far southeastern corner of the third floor.
- Japanese: みどりのプレート Verdure Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Grass-type Pokémon.
- Found: Route 210 - Hidden beneath a bridge, up the eastern-most waterfall.
- Japanese: あおぞらプレート Blue Sky Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Flying-type Pokémon.
- Found: Victory Road exit - Hidden outside the cave, near the southwestern Poké Ball statue.
- Japanese: もののけプレート Specter Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Ghost-type Pokémon.
- Amity Square (D/P) - Next to one of the stone houses on the eastern side of the park.
- Amity Square (Pt)- On one of the plateaus that can be reached through the warp points in the stone huts.
- Japanese: もうどくプレート Deadly Poison Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus a Poison-type Pokémon.
- Found: Great Marsh - Hidden in the northeast corner.
- Japanese: いかずちプレート Thunder Plate
- Raises the power of Template:Type2 moves and makes Arceus an Electric-type Pokémon.
- Found: Sunyshore City - Hidden in front of the Lighthouse.
Each Plate has a different engraving which reveals part of the myth of the creation of the Pokémon universe. No engraving is tied to a specific Plate; they will appear each one at a time depending on how many Plates the player has found so far, with the ninth Plate found using the same engraving as the first.
| Draco Plate
|| Dread Plate
|| Earth Plate
|| Fist Plate
| Flame Plate
|| Icicle Plate
|| Insect Plate
|| Iron Plate
| Meadow Plate
|| Mind Plate
|| Sky Plate
|| Splash Plate
| Spooky Plate
|| Stone Plate
|| Toxic Plate
|| Zap Plate
In the anime
Three Plates placed in the Solaceon Ruins
Plates first appeared in Journey to the Unown!, where Saturn and two Galactic Grunts placed them in a room of the Solaceon Ruins to awaken the Unown there. These Plates were specifically the Draco Plate, Iron Plate, and Splash Plate, which power up the three types of Palkia and Dialga (Dragon, Steel, and Water) combined.
The Plates appeared again in Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime, where Arceus used them to change its type, and almost died when it lost the Plates after having destroyed a meteor.
- While the presence of hidden Plates can be determined with the Pokétch application Dowsing Machine, their exact location is difficult to ascertain. The Plate's exact location must be touched on the Dowsing Machine in order for it to be revealed.