| Petalburg Gym|
トウカジム Touka Gym
The Petalburg Gym (Japanese: トウカジム Touka Gym) is the official gym of Petalburg City. It is based on Template:Type2 Pokémon. The Gym Leader is Norman. Trainers who defeat him receive the Balance Badge.
In the anime
The Petalburg Gym has appeared in multiple episodes of the anime.
It first appeared in There's No Place Like Hoenn. Ash and May reached the gym, where Ash intended to battle Norman and win his first badge. However, when Norman learned that Ash only had Pikachu with him, he declined the battle. He did agree to an unofficial battle, which the young Trainer lost.
Its next major appearance came in Love, Petalburg Style, when Ash had his official gym battle against Norman. This time, with the help of his Sceptile and Torkoal, Ash defeated the gym leader and earned the Balance Badge.
In addition to housing the battlefield, the gym is also home to Norman, his family and the gym assistant Kenny. A greenhouse is also on the gym's property. The various Normal Pokémon at the gym make their home in the greenhouse when they're not battling.
It is Max's dream to one day succeed his father as gym leader.
In the games
Between the entrance and Gym Leader Norman are a series of rooms, each containing a Trainer. The Trainers have special ways to battle, as displayed on the doors leading to their rooms. They include One-Hit KO Room, Accuracy Room, Attack Room, Defense Room, Speed Room, and Recovery Room. Once three rooms in a row are completed, they can access the Gym Leader Room with Norman.
- Cool Trainer Randall: Delcatty (27).
- Cool Trainer Mary: Delcatty (27).
- Cool Trainer Parker: Linoone (27).
- Cool Trainer Lori: Linoone (27).
- Cool Trainer George: Linoone (27).
- Cool Trainer Jody: Zangoose (27).
- Cool Trainer Berke: Zangoose (27).
- Cool Trainer Randall: Swellow (26).
- Cool Trainer Mary: Delcatty (26).
- Cool Trainer Parker: Spinda (26).
- Cool Trainer Alexia: Wigglytuff (26).
- Cool Trainer George: Slakoth (26).
- Cool Trainer Berke: Vigoroth (26).
- Cool Trainer Jody: Zangoose (26).