From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
...But Fearow Itself! (Japanese: VSオニドリル VS. Onidrill) is the ninth round in the Red, Green & Blue chapter of the Pokémon Special manga.
Once again, Bill is fixing his new invention, a transporter, in his Sea Cottage when he locks himself inside the machine. The automatic process begin; however, there is a Rattata in the twin transporter. Bill transforms into a Rattata and ends up getting locked out of his house. Outside, Red, who has too many Poké Balls on his belt, finds the talking Rattata. It introduces itself as Bill, a Pokémon expert; however, in the middle of the introduction, a Fearow grabs Bill and takes him away. Red tries his best to save Bill, but it doesn't seem to work until a powerful electric attack from Pika knocks the bird down. Fearow goes into an offensive stance and Bill warns Red that it will use Drill Peck. With a fast move, Fearow's beak crosses Red's Poliwhirl. After being transformed back into a human, Bill figures that the target was a copy made by the original Poliwhirl and that Fearow was immediately frozen. Inside his house, Bill explains his invention to Red and decides to help him with his Pokémon's storage, the first one he takes... the Fearow.
- This is the first view of the Pokémon storage system and the transporters in the manga.
- Red has at least eleven Pokémon at the beginning of this round.
- As in the games Bill is mixed with a Pokémon during a teleportation experiment.
- The mutated Rattata is the first talking Pokémon in the manga.
- The title is based off of the famous quote "The Only thing we have to fear is fear itself." by Franklin Delano Roosevelt.