Bill is fixing one more time his newly invention, a transporter, in his Sea Cottage when he locks himself inside the machine and the automatic process begin, however there is a Rattata in the twin transporter. Troubled with the fact that he can't carry more Pokémon in his belt, Red finds a very singular Pokémon, a talking Rattata that presents itself as Bill, a Pokémon expert, however in the middle of the introduction a Fearow grabs the rat Pokémon and takes it away. The intents to save Bill doesn't seem to work until a powerful electric attack from Pika knocks the bird down, however the Pokémon takes a strange stance and Bill warns Red that it will use Drill Peck and with a fast move Fearow's beak crosses Red's Poliwhirl, shocked by the scene Bill later figures that the target was a copy made by the original Poliwhirl and that Fearow was immediately frozen. Already transformed back to human, Bill explains his inventions to Red and decides to help him with his Pokémon's storage, the first one he takes ... the peaceful Fearow.
- Red meets Bill.
- Bill accepts to help Red with his Pokémon storage system.
- This is the first view of the Pokémon storage system and the transporters in the manga.
- Red has at least eleven Pokémon at the beginning of this round.
- As in the games Bill is mixed with a Pokémon during a teleportation experiment.
- The mutated Rattata is the first talking Pokémon in the manga.