From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Navel Rock (Japanese: へそのいわ Navel Rock) is an island between Floe and Chrono Islands in the Sevii Islands, accessible in Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald. It can only be accessed after downloading the MysticTicket through Mystery Gift and sailing there by talking to the sailor in front of the Seagallop Ferries in FireRed and LeafGreen, or by boarding the S.S. Tidal in Emerald.
Unlike the other Sevii Islands, but like Birth Island, Navel Rock does not appear on the Town Map* or PokéNav's map* by default.
Lugia is located on the lowest floor while Ho-Oh is located on the highest. When the player reaches the top of the rock, Ho-Oh will not initially be there; it flies down onto the rock almost immediately upon the player's arrival.
| A colored background means that the Pokémon can be found in this location in the specified game. A white background with a colored letter means that the Pokémon cannot be found here.
- The island shares similarities with Navel Island in the Orange Islands since not only do they both have the word "navel" in their names but they are also home to an extremely tall mountain.
- Interestingly, the island's music theme is Sevii Islands (Japanese: ナナシマ) in Emerald. This is one of five tracks shared between FireRed and LeafGreen, and Emerald, with the others being:
- A prototype location, Sevii Isle 8, has map data on it and may have been initially intended to be a connecting route to Navel Rock.
- In FireRed and LeafGreen, the cave is silver, while in Emerald, the cave is gold, referencing Gold and Silver, the games Ho-Oh and Lugia are respectively the mascots of.
- When viewed from outside, there appears to be no mountain. A similar situation occurs with Mt. Pyre in Hoenn.
In other languages