From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Mr. Stone (Japanese: ツワブキ社長 President Tsuwabuki) is the president of Devon Corporation and father of Steven Stone.
In the games
Mr. Stone is the president of the Devon Corporation. After recovering the Devon Goods from either a member of Team Aqua or Team Magma, he'll give the main character a PokéNav and ask them to deliver a letter to Steven in Dewford Town. Once the letter is delivered, he will give the player an Exp. Share.
He considers himself generous and collects rare rocks and stones.
He has a large interest in Pokémon; he wanted the PokéNav developed so that he could better understand Pokémon emotions.
Devon Corporation was in charge of carving Rusturf Tunnel out of the mountain to connect Route 116 and Verdanturf Town; however, Mr. Stone shut the project down because it was disturbing the local Pokémon.
- "I'm Mr. Stone, the President of the Devon Corporation. I'd just got word about you! You saved our staff not just once, but twice! I have a favor to ask of an amazing person like you. I understand that you're delivering a package to Slateport's Shipyard. Well, on the way, could you stop off in Dewford Town? I was hoping that you'd deliver a Letter to Steven in Dewford."
- "Now, you should know that I am a great President. So, I'd never be so cheap as to ask a favor for nothing in return. That's why I want you to have this!"
- "That device… It's a Pokémon Navigator, or PokéNav for short. It's an indispensable tool for any Trainer on an adventure. It has a map of the Hoenn region. You can check the locations of Dewford and Slateport easily! By the way, I've heard that sinister criminals—Magma and Aqua, I believe—have been making trouble far and wide. I think it would be best if you rested up before you go on your way."
- "Well, then, <player>, go with caution and care!"
- "Oh? <Player>! Since you called me, the PokéNav must be working properly! Other people will be registered, so try calling them up, too! Good! Good! You seem to be quite happy! Hm… How could I know that? It's because I'm looking down at you from my office window! Wahahaha! See you again!"
- "You delivered my Letter? Thank you kindly! This is my way of thanking you. It should help you, a Trainer."
- "A Pokémon holding that Exp. Share will be given some of the Exp Points from battle. It will get Exp Points even if it didn't actually battle. I would say Exp. Share is quite useful for raising weak Pokémon."
In the anime
Mr. Stone appeared in one episode of the Pokémon anime.
Stone appeared in Stairway to Devon. He helped out Max after he accidentally spilled soda on the PokéNav. While wandering through Rustboro City, he bumped into Mr. Stone, who was showing off some toys he had made to the local children. The man introduced himself as Mr. Stone, an employee of Devon Corporation - the company that makes PokéNavs. Mr. Stone had to return to Devon Corporation due to an emergency, but he invited Max to visit later.
Max found the gigantic Devon building, and asked to see Mr. Stone. Unfortunately, the receptionist said he was busy. Max tried to think of some way he could see Mr. Stone to get the PokéNav fixed.
Mr. Stone was meeting with an Officer Jenny, who wanted to warn him of a villainous team who wanted to steal something from Devon. Mr. Stone then found Max, who had hidden in the building, and had one of the Corporation's technicians repair the PokéNav. Max was surprised to find out that Mr. Stone was actually the president of Devon. Mr. Stone explained some of Devon's products, and Max explained how he had broken his PokéNav. Mr. Stone took Max on a tour of the laboratories, pointing out a project to revive extinct Pokémon from fossils.
Mr. Stone noticed a suspicious scientist and he and Max decided to follow him. Max accidentally alerted the strange man to their presence, causing him to flee. Mr. Stone called security and found out some amber containing prehistoric Pokémon DNA had been stolen.
Ash, May, and Brock had heard of the situation and helped confront the thief on the route. Team Rocket ended up accidentally defeating the thief, and Max was able to recover the amber in the confusion. Officer Jenny explained that the thief was a member of Team Aqua.
Mr. Stone took the children out for dinner, and while eating, he secretly passed Max his repaired PokéNav back.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Mr. Stone was traveling through the Petalburg Woods when his Castform ended up getting stuck in a fountain. Luckily, Sapphire was able to free the little Pokémon.
A grateful Mr. Stone was happy to be reunited with his Pokémon, and Gabby and Ty were on the scene and wanted an interview with Sapphire, who refused.
Just then, everyone was attacked by members of Team Aqua, who were after the Devon Goods Mr. Stone was carrying. Sapphire fought off the villains, but Mr. Stone fell unconscious as a result of the attack, asking Sapphire to deliver a letter to his son. With this message and the coincidental presence of a Relicanth and Wailord on the girl's team much later, the three Regis were awakened and used to prevent the destructive force of Groudon and Kyogre's conflict from spreading further. However, even at this time (over two months after going into a coma), Mr. Stone still hadn't awakened, even after being moved to New Mauville.
Gabby and Ty decided to take care of Castform while its owner was incapacitated. They later gave it to Ruby because it was lonely.
This listing is of Mr. Stone's Pokémon in the Pokémon Adventures manga.
In the Pokémon Ruby-Sapphire manga
Mr. Stone in Pokémon Ruby-Sapphire
Mr. Stone makes an appearance in Pokémon Ruby-Sapphire.
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Mr. Stone in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- In the English dub of Stairway to Devon, he was unnamed, and was referred to only as President.
|| ツワブキ社長 Tsuwabuki-shachō
|| 石蕗 Tsuwabuki, Farfugium japonicum. And 石蕗 (Tsuwabuki) contains 石 (stone).
|| Mr. Stone
|| From stone.
|| Mr. Rochard
|| From rocher, rock.
|| Mr. Trumm
|| From Trümmer, debris.
|| Pierangelo Petri
|| His first name is composed of pietra and angelo. His surname comes from pietra.
|| Mr. Peñas
|| From peñas, stones.
|| Sr. Rocha*
|| From rocha, rock.
|| 나발명 사장 President Na Bal-Myeong
|| 茲伏奇社長 President Zīfúqí
|| Very loose transcription of Tsuwabuki.