From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Artwork with Servine
| Default Pokémon
|| Snivy, Ralts*
Motonari (Japanese: モトナリ) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
He cannot be recruited in the main story, unless the event Motochika and Motonari is used.
In the games
Motonari reading while his Servine
| Warrior Skill
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Servine or Serperior while at least 100 Pokémon are registered in the Gallery.
- "<move's name>! Now's our chance!"
- "Who will prove victorious today?"
- "Well, well... I can't wait to see what kind of enemy we're faced with!"
- "Come with me, <Pokémon's name>."
- "Now this is progress, whichever way you look at it."
- "A fine performance, I must say. You fight splendidly."
A reasonable and rational Warrior who shows exceptional tactical awareness in battle. His dream is to dedicate himself to the academic research of Pokémon.
Motonari is based on the real-life Mōri Motonari of Japanese history. Takamoto (Mōri Takamoto), Motoharu (Kikkawa Motoharu), and Takakage (Kobayakawa Takakage) were his sons. Terumoto (Mōri Terumoto) was his grandson by Takamoto, and Takakage adopted Hideaki (Kobayakawa Hideaki), a previously adopted son of Hideyoshi's. Ekei (Ankokuji Ekei) was a monk serving as a diplomat to the Mōri clan.
- Real life Mōri Motonari is fame for his strategies. This explains his characteristic of the in-game character.