From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Lyra (Japanese: コトネ Kotone) is a recurring character in the Pokémon anime who debuted in An Egg Scramble!.
Ash and his friends first met Lyra when her Marill wandered off and they found it wedged in between two buildings. She introduced herself as a Trainer from Johto. She came to Sinnoh with her friend, Khoury and his father in order to observe the Pokémon native to the region. Later she asks Dawn to participate in the Johto Festival. The two girls had a battle but Lyra lost and rewarded Dawn with an egg. At the end of the episode, Lyra and Khoury joined Ash's group because the former wanted to watch the upcoming Lilypad Contest Dawn would be participating in.
It is implied in Gone With the Windworks! that Lyra has an interest in Ash. She admires his bravery and wishes that Khoury would act more like him. Lyra even asks Dawn if she and Ash are a couple though Dawn quickly denies it. In A Rivalry to Gible On!, she attempted to pair Khoury and Dawn together as a couple, despite Dawn's refusal, before eventually realizing she had feelings for the former.
In Bagged Then Tagged!, she and Khoury had a tag battle against Ash and Dawn in the Lilypad Colosseum. Both Lyra and Khoury eventually lost the battle.
Later they headed back to Johto with Khoury's father. Lyra plans on challenging Whitney and Morty. Also, upon her request, Khoury decided to become her traveling buddy. They promised Ash and Dawn that they would see them again.
This listing is of Lyra's known Pokémon:
- Lyra is the first anime character based on a female player character seen to have badges.
- She owns the female variation of the Pokédex, as well as the pink model of the Pokégear introduced in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- In the Japanese version, Lyra makes a pun of her own name by saying koto ne?, which means "right?", at the end of her sentences.
- Lyra sometimes pronounces Dawn's name as Dane (Japanese: Hikarin).
- Marilyn, the character of the day from Battling a Cute Drama!, also called Dawn Hikarin in Japanese. However, Marilyn refers to her as Dawny in the English dub.
- When not chosen as the player character in HeartGold and SoulSilver, Lyra's game counterpart also happens to own a Marill.
|| コトネ Kotone
|| "Koto tone" (琴口調).
|| From "Lira".