From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
This is an alphabetical list of Pokémon by their English language names. No Japanese romaji are included in this list, therefore, new Pokémon without English names will not be found here. This is also the list order that is seen by the player in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD in the Strategy Memo (minus Pokémon introduced after Generation III).
List of Pokémon by name
- 94 Pokémon begin with S, giving it the highest frequency of occurrence for an initial letter. M comes second with 57. The least frequently used letter is X, with only two names, Xatu and Xerneas, beginning with it.
- In terms of letters used regardless of position, A has the highest frequency and is used 464 times. The most frequent consonant is R, with 376 uses.
- Abomasnow is the first Pokémon in the alphabetical list. Prior to Generation IV, Abra held this title.
- Zweilous is the last Pokémon in the alphabetical list. Prior to Generation V, Zubat held this title.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation I whose name starts with Q, U, X or Y.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation II whose name starts with V or Z.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation III whose name starts with O, Q, U, X or Y.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation IV whose name starts with J, N, O, Q, X or Z.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation V whose name starts with I, N, Q or X.
- Because of that, Generation II is the only Generation to have a Pokémon whose name starts with Q or X (as of Generation V).