From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
This is an alphabetical list of Pokémon by their English language names. No Japanese romaji are included in this list, therefore, new Pokémon without English names will not be found here. This is also the list order that is seen by the player in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD in the Strategy Memo (minus Pokémon introduced after Generation III).
List of Pokémon by name
- 94 Pokémon begin with S, giving it the highest frequency of occurrence for an initial letter. M comes second with 57. The least frequently used letter is X, with only one name, Xatu, beginning with it.
- In terms of letters used regardless of position, A has the highest frequency and is used 464 times. The most frequent consonant is R, with 376 uses. J and Q are each used only ten times.
- Prior to Generation IV, Abra was the first Pokémon in the alphabetical list. Abomasnow now holds this title.
- Prior to Generation V, Zubat was the last Pokémon in the alphabetical list. Zweilous now holds this title.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation I whose name starts with U or Y.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation II whose name starts with Z.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation III whose name starts with O, U or Y.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation IV whose name starts with J, N or O.
- There was no Pokémon introduced in Generation V whose name starts with I or N.
- Additionally, Generation II is the only Generation to have Pokémon whose name start with Q or X.