From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
This is an alphabetical list of Pokémon by their English language names. No Japanese romaji are included in this list, therefore, new Pokémon without English names will not be found here. This is also the list order that is seen by the player in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD in the Strategy Memo (minus the Generation IV Pokémon).
List of Pokémon by name
- There has been one Pokémon introduced per Generation that starts with the letter I; Ivysaur - Generation I, Igglybuff - Generation II, Illumise - Generation III, Infernape - Generation IV.
- There are three Pokémon that start with the letter Q; Quagsire, Quilava, and Qwilfish, all of them from Generation II.
- With a whopping 71, S has by far the most Pokémon. M is in second with "only" 49.
- Until Uxie was introduced in Generation IV, all Pokémon starting with U were from Generation II.
- Of the twelve Pokémon starting with V, eight are from Generation I.
- Furthermore, three are dual-type Grass/Poison Pokémon that have evolved twice.
- Xatu is the only Pokémon that starts with X.
- The only two Pokémon that start with Y are of the same evolution line: Yanma and Yanmega respectively.
- Of the seven Pokémon that start with Z, two were introduced in Generation I (Zapdos and Zubat), two were introduced in Generation III (Zangoose and Zigzagoon), and three were introduced in Generation V (Zorua, Zoroark, and Zekrom).
- Prior to Generation IV, Abra was the first Pokémon in the alphabetical list.
- Of all of the Pokémon that start with O, only Octillery is not from Generation I.
- Zubat is the last Pokémon in alphabetical order, ever since Generation I.