|Anime debut||Getting the Pre-Contest Titters|
|English voice actor||Rhonda Krempa|
|Japanese voice actor||Yūko Mita|
Kenny (Japanese: ケンゴ Kengo) is a Coordinator who was friends with Dawn when they were young children. Apparently both of them are rivals. He started his Pokémon journey some time before Dawn did. Like Dawn, his starter Pokémon was also a Piplup.
He appeared in Getting the Pre-Contest Titters and Settling a Not-So-Old Score in which he and Dawn entered the Floaroma Pokémon Contest. Both of them made it to the finals but he lost to Dawn after a closely fought battle.
He seems to have a crush on Dawn and he sometimes calls her Dee Dee (Japanese: ピカリ Pikari).
In Pruning a Passel of Pals! and Strategy With a Smile! he made short cameos watching the Wallace Cup on TV. Kenny then made a cameo in A Breed Stampede! alongside with Nando in Marian's news report about Coordinators.
He also appeared in DP122 along with Barry where they revealed that they are best friends (despite having recently met). In DP123, he reappeared, entering in the Tatsunami Town Contest and won against Dawn's Ambipom with his Prinplup, earning him his fourth ribbon.
This listing is of Kenny's known Pokémon:
Piplup → Prinplup
- Unknown Ribbon (prior to Throwing the Track Switch)
- Sage Town Ribbon (prior to Throwing the Track Switch)
- Gerbera Town Ribbon (prior to A Breed Stampede!)
- Tatsunami Town Ribbon (DP123)
- His Japanese name may be derived from 金剛 kongo, the Japanese word for "diamond". This is similar to how Shinji (Paul), who is Ash's rival, is similar to 真珠 shinju, the Japanese word for "pearl".
- Just like Gary Oak, another rival of a main character, Kenny started off with a Template:Type2 Pokémon and owns an Alakazam.
- Both Gary and Kenny have Japanese voice actress whose first names' reading are both Yūko.
- Kenny has similarities to Dawn's other friend, Leona, having a similar hairstyle, clothes, both being Dawn's childhood friend and both calling Dawn "Dee Dee" sometimes.
- All of Kenny's Pokémon are voiced by Bill Rogers in English.
- 三田ゆう子 Yūko Mita