| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: More credits. This list is very bare and is missing many credits.
Ken Sugimori (Japanese: 杉森建, born January 27, 1966) is a friend of Satoshi Tajiri and illustrator of the original artwork for Pokémon games. He also has developed conceptual artwork for the movies, and illustrates TCG cards and merchandising.
Sugimori's change of style over the years has been noticeable. Initially, he used a stiff, lightly shaded style that was very reminiscent of the early works of Akira Toriyama. However, in recent years, his drawings of people and creatures have had more muscle definition, shading, and more natural and fluid poses.
The character in the Pokémon anime, Kenji (called Tracey Sketchit in the dub), may be an homage to him, especially as both enjoy creating art. This is similar to the way Satoshi (called Ash Ketchum in the dub) is named after Satoshi Tajiri.
|Game Title||System||Sale Date||Position|
|Mendel Palace (Quinty in Japan)||NES||1989-06-27||Character Design/Character Digitalize|
|Jelly Boy||SNES||1991-09-13||Character Design|
|Magical Fantastic World||MD||1992-04-24||Director|
|Mario & Wario||SNES||1993-08-27||Graphics|
|Pokémon Red and Green Versions||GB||1996-02-27||Character Design/Pokémon Design|
|Pokémon Blue Version||GB||1999-10-10||Character Design/Pokémon Design|
|Pokémon Yellow Version||GB||1998-09-12||Character Design/Pokémon Design|
|Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions||GBC||1999-11-21||Graphic Designer/Pokémon Design/Package & Manual Illustrations|
|Pokémon Puzzle Challenge||GBC||2000-09-21||Pokémon Supervisor|
|Pokémon Crystal Version||GBC||2000-12-14||Graphic Designer/Pokémon Design/Package & Manual Illustrations|
|Pokémon Party mini||mini||2001-12-14||Supervisor|
|Pokémon Pinball mini||mini||2001-12-14||Supervisor|
|Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions||GBA||2002-11-21||Art Director/Pokémon & Graphic Design/Package & Manual Illustrations|
|Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire||GCN||2003-05-30||Designer|
|Pokémon Colosseum||GCN||2003-11-21||Pokémon Games Designer|
|Pokémon Dash||DS||2004-12-2||Pokémon & Package Graphic Design|
|Drill Dozer||GBA||2006-02-06||Designer/Character Designer|
|Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions||DS||2006-09-28||Art Director/Pokémon & Graphic Designer|
|Pokémon Platinum Version||DS||2008-09-13||Art Director/Pokémon Designer & Graphic Designer|
|Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions||DS||2009-09-12||Pokémon Design/Graphic Supervisor|
|Pokémon Black and White Versions||DS||2010-09-18||Pokémon Design/Graphic Supervisor|
Trading Card Game
For a list of cards illustrated by Ken Sugimori, go here.
- 1998-07-18 Pikachu's Vacation (Character Concept Art)
- 1998-07-18 Mewtwo Strikes Back (Character Concept Art)
- 1999-07-17 Pikachu's Rescue Adventure (Character Concept Art)
- 1999-07-17 The Power of One (Character Concept Art)
- 2000-07-08 Pikachu & Pichu (Character Concept Art)
- 2000-07-08 Spell of the Unown (Character Concept Art)
- 2001-07-07 Pikachu's PikaBoo (Character Concept Art)
- 2001-07-07 Celebi: Voice of the Forest (Character Concept Art)
- 2002-07-13 Camp Pikachu (Character Concept Art)
- 2002-07-13 Pokémon Heroes (Character Concept Art)
- 2003-07-19 Gotta Dance! (Character Concept Art)
- 2003-07-19 Jirachi: Wish Maker (Character Concept Art)
- 2004-07-17 Destiny Deoxys (Character Concept Art)