From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Artwork with Lampent
|| Ghost, Fire
| Default Pokémon
Kanbei (Japanese: カンベエ) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
He, along with Hanbei, is one of Hideyoshi's personal advisors, and junior warlords. Despite his appearance, Kanbei is the younger of the two.
In the games
Kanbei and Hanbei and do not appear at all during main storyline, making their first appearance during Hideyoshi's story: Happily Ever After. With their help, Hideyoshi eventually brings Ransei together as one peaceful nation.
In Kanbei's story, The Visionary's Quest, Kanbei is tasked with gathering one hundred Pokémon for the Ignis army while Hideyoshi is away. He is also in the player's army at the beginning of Hanbei's story; The Reluctant Genius.
| Warrior Skill
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Lampent or Chandelure while Hanbei is in the same kingdom.
- "Eliminate the enemy with haste."
- "Unaware of your own folly..."
- "Time for <move's name>."
- When ordering to invade a kingdom:
- "There is much to be gained from emerging victorious from this battle."
- "Come, <Pokémon's name>."
- When using his Warrior Skill:
- "Maybe this will turn the tide."
- "It is unreasonable to expect anything other than a victory for us."
- "Yes... This talent could be enough..."
- "I am honored..."
- At the start of Happily Ever After:
- "It's impossible. The number of people blessed with the ability to communicate with Pokémon will always be limited."
- "You're not..."
- At the start of The Reluctant Genius:
- "Watch your mouth in front of Lord Hideyoshi, Hanbei."
- At the end of The Reluctant Genius:
- "...I was born with this face."
- At the start of The Visionary's Quest:
- "Are you sure about this, Hanbei?"
- "Simply to work hard until we achieve our objective. If we can collect one hundred Pokémon, Lord Hideyoshi will be pleased."
- At the end of The Visionary's Quest:
- "Hanbei... Why did you let me be Warlord...?"
- "...You know that's not my thing."
- "I wouldn't know."
A firm beliver that the end justifies the means, he is always focused on his current aim. He and Hanbei are close friends, united by their gifted natures.
Hanbei is based on the real-life Kuroda Yoshitaka of Japanese history, who was also known by the name "Kanbei" (官兵衛). He was an expert tactician and one of Totoyomi Hideyoshi's strategists.