From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: The anime and manga sections need expansion.
The kami trio is a collective term to refer to the all-male trio of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. They are based on kami in Japanese mythology: Fūjin, the kami of wind, Raijin, the kami of thunder, and Inari, the kami of fertility, respectively. Likewise, they may also be thought of as representing the different domains of world: Landorus represents the land, Tornadus the heavens and Thundurus a transitional state between the two (lightning).
TornadusB or ThundurusW will start roaming around Unova after the player listens to the story of an old woman on Route 7. If the player possesses both in their party, he or she can encounter Landorus at Abundant Shrine on Route 14.
Upon visiting the Abundant Shrine, the player will cross a group of three children arguing just before the shrine. They collectively tell the folktale of how "Great Landorus" allegedly punished two other legendary Pokémon (Tornadus and Thundurus) for wreaking massive destruction across the land with their ferocious gales and fierce thunderstorms. As such, the thankful inhabitants of the land—saved from the danger posed by the Cyclone and Bolt Strike Pokémon—constructed a shrine in honor of Landorus.
Base stat comparison
In the anime
The kami trio in the anime
The Kami trio appeared in Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1, Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 2 and in their Therian Formes in BW097.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga, Giallo of the Seven Sages captures all three members of the Kami trio.
- The kami trio is the only group of legendary Pokémon related to each other which share a set gender.
- Tornadus and Thundurus are the only legendary duo of Pokémon with identical base stats.
- Despite being part of a trio, Landorus has a significantly different moveset from Tornadus and Thundurus. This is possibly to fit his role as the master of the kami trio.
- Each member of the trio bears a different number of horns: Thundurus has one, Tornadus has two and Landorus has three.
- Each member of the trio bears features with strong resemblance to magatama. Some of the spots that cover their bodies are shaped like them, as are their tails: a bulbous head with a thinning offshoot, most prominent in Tornadus.
- The members of this trio are all weak to the Ice type, with Landorus having a double weakness to it.
- The kami trio have their own battle transition. A small orange beam will shoot across the screen horizontally and then a flash will appear before the battle starts.
- The Therian Formes can not be traded.