Difference between revisions of "Jimmy (Johto)"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
:''"Kenta" redirects here. For the [[character of the day]] in [[BW090|Jostling for the Junior Cup!]], see [[Kenta (Unova)]]. For the voice actor, see [[Kenta Miyake]].''
:''"Kenta" redirects here. For the [[character of the day]] in [[BW090|Jostling for the Junior Cup!]], see [[Kenton]]. For the voice actor, see [[Kenta Miyake]].''
Revision as of 14:04, 1 December 2012
- "Kenta" redirects here. For the character of the day in Jostling for the Junior Cup!, see Kenton. For the voice actor, see Kenta Miyake.
|Hometown||New Bark Town|
|Anime debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
|English voice actor||Sean Schemmel|
|Japanese voice actor||Kenji Nojima|
Jimmy (Japanese: ケンタ Kenta) is the main protagonist of The Legend of Thunder!.
His starter Pokémon was Cyndaquil, received from Professor Elm of New Bark Town at the same time as Vincent and Marina. Despite being close friends, the trio did not travel together and went their separate ways. However, they crossed paths occasionally in his journey, in one of these meetings with Marina, he captured a Weedle who becomes one of his most important Pokémon and eventually evolved into a powerful Beedrill.
In the midst of his journey, Jimmy and Cyndaquil are defeated by a mysterious young man named Silver and his Nidoking who becomes one of his most powerful rivals.
Jimmy then leaves on a mission to become increasingly strong and eventually gets his Cyndaquil to evolve into a Quilava and then reaches its maximum level to evolve into a powerful Typhlosion, allowing him to fight on equal terms with his rival and win.
Again on his journey, Jimmy once again met Marina. Both have a battle where she shows the results of their training, Jimmy still takes the lead defeating Marina's Jigglypuff and almost defeating Wani-Wani yet the battle is interrupted by the actions of a group of Team Rocket who were working nearby. In his attempt to save the legendary Pokémon Raikou, Jimmy is beaten by agents of the organization, but the villains give up temporarily with the help of his Beedrill and take the wounded Raikou to be treated in the Pokémon Center.
During the treatment of Raikou, Jimmy meets the mysterious Legendary Pokémon expert called Eusine, he claims that Raikou attacked by retaliation, but Jimmy denies it and says trust the instincts of Raikou.
When Raikou awakens stunned, Jimmy tries to talk to him but he attacks and tries to escape to the forest. Jimmy, Marina and the others try to follow but are a very angry Raikou trying to prevent Attila and Hun in their plans, amid the battle Jimmy and Marina are saved by Vincent who suddenly arrives.
Through the efforts of Jimmy, Marina, Eusine and Vincent, the Trainers are able to defeat Team Rocket and Jimmy finally gets the trust of Raikou which he now considers his friend.
Jimmy has an energetic personality both during battles and outside of them. He has a habit of saying "You rock and you rule!" ("OK! Perfect!" in the original) to his Pokémon and giving them a thumbs-up after winning a battle. He can be quick to jump to conclusions but also knows when to be serious and get a job done.
Jimmy is similar in many ways to Ash. He also cares for Pokémon very much. This can be seen in his concern for Raikou when it was injured. He is also determined and never gives up in battle. Like Ash, he is also close to his starter Pokémon, which is now a Typhlosion. He has a battle style that focuses on offense. As such, his Pokémon are trained to take attacks and still keep fighting.
This is a listing of Jimmy's known Pokémon:
Typhlosion was Jimmy's starter Pokémon, given to him as a Cyndaquil by Professor Elm. He obtained it on the same day that Vincent got his Chikorita and Marina got her Totodile. Jimmy and Typhlosion are very close to each other.
|Debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
|Jimmy had Beedrill as a Weedle early on, even before he started his Pokémon journey. It had already evolved twice before The Legend of Thunder!. He used it in a battle against Marina's Jigglypuff, Little Pink, in which Beedrill won. Jimmy relies on Beedrill's speed during battles and flight situations where it proves itself very useful.|
|Debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
Jimmy also has at least four other Pokémon, as he was seen with six Poké Balls during The Legend of Thunder, two of which contained Typhlosion and Beedrill.
|Ken Sugimori's design of Jimmy for the anime.|
Jimmy has competed in the following Pokémon League competitions:
- Silver Conference (off-screen)
- Much like Ash is based on Red, Jimmy is based on Ethan. However, a separate character made a cameo in the beginning of Zoroark: Master of Illusions, battling against Ash with a Donphan. Unlike Jimmy, that character wears Ethan's updated clothes from HeartGold and SoulSilver, and is indeed referred to as "Hibiki" (Ethan's Japanese name) in the art gallery feature of the Japanese DVD.
- When Vincent appeared in the Silver Conference (known then as Jackson in the dub), Marina and Jimmy were referred to "Dani and Yoshi" respectively, leading many to believe that "Yoshi" was the official English name for Jimmy, and "Dani" was the official English name for Marina. Whether this was the original intention remains unknown. However, in The Legend of Thunder!, they're identified as Jimmy and Marina.
- "Yoshi" is also the name of a character in the Mario universe.
- Jimmy's English name may come directly from Gold and Silver. There is a minor Trainer named "Kenta" in the Japanese version whose name was localized as "Jimmy" in the English translation - a Youngster on Route 3 with a Raticate and Arbok. The dubbers may have mistaken this character for an unrelated anime character. The same thing happened to Vincent.
- Jimmy is the only anime character based on a player character who has met his opposite-gender counterpart, as he is good friends with Marina, based on Kris.
|Chinese (Mandarin))||健太 Jiàntài||From 健太 Kenta. Can mean "extremely healthy."|
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|