Jason Klaczynski, born October 10, 1985, is the only player of the Pokémon Trading Card Game to win three World Championships, once in 2006, again 2008, and another in 2013. In addition, Klaczynski won the 2000 Tropical Mega Battle in Hawaii at the age of fourteen.
Notable tournament performances
- 1st Place, 2003 Fan Appreciation Tournament
- 1st Place, 2006 World Championships
- 1st Place, 2008 World Championships
- 1st Place, 2000 Tropical Mega Battle
- 1st Place, 2011 The Top Cut Tournament of Champions
- Top 32, 2012 United States National Championships
- 1st Place, 2013 World Championships
Klaczynski has played professional poker for over five years. He also spent time studying to work in law enforcement.
- Mew is his favorite Pokémon, because many Mew cards "have a unique ability that adds to the depth of the game."
- Klaczynski does not participate in any aspects of Pokémon outside of the TCG. He used to enjoy the games when he was younger, but moved away from them as his schedule tightened.
- Klaczynski has met his three best friends through the TCG.
- While performing exceedingly well at smaller tournaments and World Championships, he has had a noticeable lack of success at the U.S. National Championships. He attributes this primarily to bad luck.
|This article is part of Project TCG, a Bulbapedia project that aims to report on every aspect of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.|