From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
In-battle effect items are held items that take effect during a battle. As of Generation IV, each item can be classed in one of nine subcategories.
- Japanese: こだわりハチマキ Prejudice Headband
- Effect: Increases Attack by 50%, but disallows all other moves besides the one used first.
- Japanese: こだわりスカーフ Prejudice Scarf
- Effect: Increases Speed by 50%, but disallows all other moves besides the one used first.
- Japanese: こだわりメガネ Prejudice Glasses
- Effect: Increases Special Attack by 50%, but disallows all other moves besides the one used first.
- Japanese: しめったいわ Damp Rock
- Effect: Lengthens duration of Rain Dance from 5 turns to 8 turns when used by the holder.
- Japanese: ねばりのかぎづめ Sticky Claw
- Effect: A hold item that causes trapping moves (such as Bind and Wrap) to always work for 5 turns.
- Japanese: あついいわ Hot Rock
- Effect: Lengthens duration of Sunny Day from 5 turns to 8 turns when used by the holder.
- Japanese: つめたいいわ Icy Rock
- Effect: Lengthens duration of Hail from 5 turns to 8 turns when used by the holder.
- Japanese: ひかりのねんど Light Clay
- Effect: Lengthens duration of Light Screen and Reflect from 5 turns to 8 turns when used by the holder.
- Japanese: さらさらいわ Smooth Rock
- Effect: Lengthens duration of Sandstorm from 5 turns to 8 turns when used by the holder.
- Japanese: メンタルハーブ Mental Herb
- Effect: Prevents Attraction. Consumed after use.
- Japanese: パワフルハーブ Powerful Herb
- Effect: Allows user to omit first turn of charge-up required moves. Consumed after use. It affects moves such as SolarBeam, Skull Bash and Sky Attack.
- Japanese: しろいハーブ White Herb
- Effect: Negates any negative stat changes to holder. Consumed after use.
- Japanese: おおきなねっこ Big Root
- Effect: The HP stolen by draining moves is increased by 30%.
- Japanese: くろいヘドロ Black Sludge
- Effect: Restores 1/16 of the Pokémon's maximum HP (rounded down) each turn when held by Template:Type2 Pokémon; damages all other types by 1/8 of maximum HP each turn.
- Japanese: たべのこし Leftovers
- Effect: Restores 1/16 of the Pokémon's maximum HP (rounded down) each turn when held.
- Japanese: かいがらのすず Seashell Bell
- Effect: Restores a small amount of HP whenever the Pokémon holding it deals damage (1/8 of the damage dealt).
- Japanese: はかいのいでんし Destructive Gene
- Effect: Confuses the user and raises Attack. Consumed after use.
- Japanese: たつじんのおび Expert Belt
- Effect: Boosts power of super effective moves by 20%.
- Japanese: いのちのたま Life Orb
- Effect: Boosts the power of moves by 30%, but at the cost of 10% max HP each time the holder uses an attack. Life Orb does not damage the holder when an attack hits a Substitute. It does not boost the damage for fixed-damage attacks or self-inflicted confusion damage.
- Japanese: メトロノーム Metronome
- Effect: Boosts power of moves used repeatedly. Each time a move is used consecutively, its power is boosted by 10%, increasing up to 20 times. Switching or using another move returns the move's power to normal.
- Japanese: ちからのハチマキ Power Headband
- Effect: Boosts power of physical moves by 10%.
- Japanese: ピントレンズ Focus Lens
- Effect: Increases the critical hit probability for the Pokémon holding the item.
- Japanese: こうかくレンズ Wide-angle Lens
- Effect: Boosts the holder's Accuracy by 10% of the original accuracy.
- Japanese: ものしりメガネ Knowledgeable Glasses
- Effect: Boosts the power of special moves by 10%.
- Japanese: フォーカスレンズ Focus Lens
- Effect: Boosts critical hit ratio if the holder moves after the foe.
Turn order alteration
- Japanese: こうこうのしっぽ Second Hitter Tail
- Effect: Forces the holder to move last in its priority bracket.
- Japanese: せんせいのツメ Preemptive Claw
- Effect: A hold item that occasionally allows first strike. It gives the holder an 18.75% chance of going first in its priority bracket and ignores the effects of Trick Room.
- Japanese: きあいのハチマキ Fighting Spirit Headband
- Effect: May allow a Pokémon to survive an otherwise fatal attack with 1 HP. There is a 10% chance to survive. Can also protect against multiple-strike moves such as Fury Attack and Triple Kick, recoil damage, and self-inflicted confusion damage, but not Future Sight and Doom Desire.
- Japanese: きあいのタスキ Focus Strip
- Effect: If the user has full hit points before a potentially fatal attack, this allows it to survive the attack with 1 HP. Can also protect against multiple-strike moves such as Fury Attack and Triple Kick, recoil damage, and self-inflicted confusion damage, but not Future Sight and Doom Desire. If held by Shedinja, no damage will be lost on the first turn only. Only works once per battle and is 'consumed'.
Negative effect on holder
- Japanese: かえんだま Flame Orb
- Effect: Inflicts the holder with a burn after one turn of battle.
- Japanese: くっつきばり Sticky Barb
- Effect: Damages holder each turn by 12.5% of its maximum HP each turn. Damages attackers using contact moves by 12.5% of their maximum HP. May transfer to a foe on contact if the foe has no held item.
- Found: Veilstone Department Store, held by wild Cacnea and Cacturne ()
- Japanese: どくどくだま Excessive Poison Orb
- Effect: Inflicts the holder with a toxic poison after one turn of battle.
- Japanese: おまもりこばん Amulet Koban
- Effect: Doubles money received after battle if the holder takes part in the battle. Does not stack with Luck Incense.
- Japanese: ひかりのこな Light Powder
- Effect: Raises the holder's Evasion by 10%.
- Japanese: あかいいと Red Thread
- Effect: Infatuates the foe if the holder becomes infatuated.
- Japanese: きれいなぬけがら Pretty Shed Shell
- Effect: Allows the holder to switch out even if it is trapped by a move or ability that restrains the Pokémon from switching out under normal circumstances.
- Japanese: けむりだま Smoke Ball
- Effect: Allows certain escape from a wild Pokémon.