From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- "Immunity" redirects here. For the type mechanic, see Damage modification → Not effective.
Immunity (Japanese: めんえき Immunity) is an Ability introduced in Generation III. Only three Pokémon can have this Ability.
Immunity prevents poisoning.
Outside of battle
Pokémon with this Ability can't take damage from poison outside of battle.
Pokémon with Immunity
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
|| Thick Fat
|| Hyper Cutter
|| Sand Veil
|| Toxic Boost
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII.
- In the case of a poisoned Munchlax evolving and gaining Immunity, the player will, upon checking the status screen, find that it is still poisoned. This is extremely rare, however.
- The reason why Zangoose has this ability may be because of its rivalry with Seviper, a Pokémon known for its Poison-type attacks.
In other languages