Hydro Cannon (move)
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Hydro Cannon|
ハイドロカノン Hydro Cannon
Hydro Cannon inflicts damage and then forces the user to recharge during the next turn. Unless this attack misses, the user will always have to recharge.
| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Colo and XD description.
By Move Tutor
- In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, an elderly woman on Cape Brink will teach Hydro Cannon to Blastoise only.
- In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, an elderly man appears on Route 228 in the Battle Zone, and will teach the move to all four fully evolved Water-type starters.
- In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Move Tutor for Hydro Cannon can be found in the Move Deleter/Move relearner's house in Blackthorn City.
- In Black and White, the Move Tutor that can teach Hydro Cannon appears in a house on Route 13, and will teach it to all five fully evolved Water-type starters.
|Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.|
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
In the anime
|Blastoise||Barry's Empoleon||Kenny's Empoleon|
|Energy is gathered to form a powerful blast of water.|
|User||First Used In||Notes|
|Blastoise||Blastoise fires two powerful orbs of water from its cannons at the opponent.|
|Gary's Blastoise||Ill-Will Hunting!||Debut|
|Empoleon||Empoleon opens its beak and a blue flash of light appears in front of it. Then, a glowing light blue ball of water appears in front of Empoleon's beak where the flash was and Empoleon fires it at the opponent. Sometimes, Empoleon fires three light blue balls of water, one after the other.|
|Barry's Empoleon||Barry's Busting Out All Over!||None|
|Kenny's Empoleon||Last Call - First Round!||None|
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
|Blastoise||Swampert and Feraligatr|
|The user fires a powerful stream of water from its body at the opponent.|
|User||First Chapter Used In||Notes|
|Blastoise||Blastoise points its cannons at the opponent and fires an extremely powerful stream of water from each of the cannons and its mouth at the opponent.|
|Green's Blasty||Mewtwo Participates in the Battle||Debut|
|Swampert||Swampert releases a powerful stream of water from its mouth at the opponent.|
|Ruby's Zuzu||The Final Battle III||None|
|Feraligatr||Feraligatr releases a powerful stream of water from its mouth at the opponent.|
|Silver's Feraligatr||The Final Battle VII||None|
In other generations
- Smeargle is the only Pokémon that is not a Water-type starter Pokémon able to learn Hydro Cannon, due to Sketch.
- Mew, though repeatedly said on the Pokédex to be able to learn any move, is not able to learn Hydro Cannon, because the tutors only want to teach it to Water-type starter Pokémon.
- This move has so far been used by rivals' Pokémon in the anime: Gary's Blastoise, Barry's Empoleon and Kenny's Empoleon.
- Despite being only available in Generation III and beyond, Hydro Cannon appeared early on in the Pokémon TCG on a Blastoise card.
- Hydro Cannon along with its variations is tied with Quick Attack and its variations to have the most variations.
In other languages
|Variations of the move Hyper Beam|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|